Terrible Twos

Terrible Twos

A Story by jakesmama

Terrible Twos

The joys and excitement of the first year have come and gone; year number two is about to begin. It starts with him saying no, and wanting everything; then he brings out the tantrums and screaming when he doesn't get his way. Next he wants to start potty training, being as enthusiastic as can be; he doesn't want his diapers or pullups. He wants to be a big boy and not have those things; he fights and screams when he gets one put on. These are the terrible twos; he goes from angelic, needing mom, to being a little tyrrant, completely independent. I wouldn't change him in any way, for he is wonderful as can be; he is my  little boy.
 
 

© 2008 jakesmama


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a good observational piece and the directness of the language creates so much possibility for other writings. Take for instance the opening two lines and then imagine you were writing about an adult relationship - people would still relate to it but this time as a tale of domestic abuse.

If I was to change anything it would be this: to leave out the final - he is my little boy. It's an unnecessary statement as only a loved one would tolerate such tantrums.

I read quite a lot of different material yesterday, but this piece is what I remembered the most.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

jakesmama
jakesmama

Pendleton, OR



Writing
Life Life

A Poem by jakesmama