It never used to be this way

It never used to be this way

A Poem by Somebody you've already forgoten

Once upon a time

Doesn't that lead to "And they lived happily ever after"

Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

Because that's the way we all remeber it

But I guess that's just in the fairy tales

Because in real life the mistreated girls don't always get rescued

We don't get away from the bad guys'

We don't get saved

We can't just wait around forever hoping things will get better

Because in real life, when we've had enough...

We break down and cry

We turn to drugs and alcohol

We choose to die...

Because in real life we don't get our prince charming

We don't meet are one and only

We don't live happily ever together

We don't commit to just the one

Because in real life fairytales don't excist

We don't get to live in castels

We don't become princesses

We don't get our wishes granted by our fairy god mother

Because in real life...

We don't get rescued

We don't get our prince charming

We don't get our fairytales

And we deffinatly donn't get our "happily ever afters"

© 2009 Somebody you've already forgoten


Author's Note

Somebody you've already forgoten
I dont know why im getting into the fairytales

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

OK, Jamie..fairy tale ending might be silly, but there's probly a way to find something like that in reality
first, though, it's good that you've recognized the psychological patterns that make certain people suffer.
But if you feel like one of those people, you've gotta set certain goals to overcome those patterns..Not goals as in money, but goals as in becoming healthy in mind body and spirit..Cleanse yourself and you will stop seeking some false belief and false hope and you'll stop being drawn to bad people and start drawing more good people to you.
But most importantly, before all that..keep an open mind about who you are and who you will be. If you set yourself up to fail, you will see failure as validation..if you set yourself up to succeed, you'll see failure as a way to redirect you towards success. I know you have the radar to do this..it's part of why we're friends..that and the fact that you have a very good heart.
Peace, soul sister

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow i love this. It's a bit truthful well i see what your coming from. Sometimes things can happen like that not like literally but you know in a reality way. I love this poem very much it's expressive and descriptive good job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


fairy tale girls are wimps . . . they need saving, real girls have it within themselves to live happily ever after. You'll find your way :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


OK, Jamie..fairy tale ending might be silly, but there's probly a way to find something like that in reality
first, though, it's good that you've recognized the psychological patterns that make certain people suffer.
But if you feel like one of those people, you've gotta set certain goals to overcome those patterns..Not goals as in money, but goals as in becoming healthy in mind body and spirit..Cleanse yourself and you will stop seeking some false belief and false hope and you'll stop being drawn to bad people and start drawing more good people to you.
But most importantly, before all that..keep an open mind about who you are and who you will be. If you set yourself up to fail, you will see failure as validation..if you set yourself up to succeed, you'll see failure as a way to redirect you towards success. I know you have the radar to do this..it's part of why we're friends..that and the fact that you have a very good heart.
Peace, soul sister

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem hurts. It is like the knife of reality being stabbed into our heart and chest. No one likes the reality of things. But you have to have enough hope to know that their is love for everybody and we can make our own "happily ever after".

Great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We don't get fairy tales. But we learn to have patience and try to hold on. A excellent poem. World ain't easy no more. Need to find the good thing in a life to hold on to. Thank you for sharing your poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This one is really good.. The concept you chose to write is very unusual... i really liked it... You have very well depicted the present scenario... good write!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was like a rebellious rant against the "fairytales" that so entice us.. can uplift us at times.. but more frequently let so many down at heart. So many strive for perfection.. like some type of hero ladder (? did I say that??) but it's so true. Love is work.. and you have to have a partner that is just as much into it as your heart is.. with common goals and beliefs to a great extent.

So much makes a relationship.. so much goes into it.. not just passion.. but heart, soul and being.. anything short of that is bound to doom a relationship but with the reality of so many other ugly things that no one wants to talk about.. dealing with LIFE with LOVE.. mundane and repetitive opposing natures at times.. it's like the magnet that draws that over time feeds negative clashing poles.. when it breaks down.. the more you believe in fairytales the more devastating the reality is.. this writing is like a wake-up call to balance for those stuck dreaming of a Hero coming to rescue them.. when they have to love themselves and rescue themselves! Great work!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2009

Author

Somebody you've already forgoten
Somebody you've already forgoten

No where you've heard of, TN



About
I guess I must be Jamie But I just don't know anymore... I love writing and finding quotes here are some for you first up Edgar Allan Poe -I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat -Poetry is t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dreamers Dreamers

A Poem by Jola