Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Candy-pooh

          The bell just rang and the buses were loading.  SPRING BREAK BABY!
          "So, Candace, where are you and the 'blonds' going over spring break?" Eric asked me.  Tug is one of the most gorgeous basketball players in our school, and he hardly ever talks to just anybody, and if anybody was just anybody, that anybody was this anybody.  I froze.  I didn't know what to say, I've had a crush on him since the day I met him in 6th grade. (Right now I'm in 8th.)
          "Hiiii," I barely managed to get out.  I am such an idiot!
          "Yeah?" Eric said, probably thinking i am such a dufus, "You know what, never mind."  He began to walk toward the buses.
          "Wait! Eric!" I said chasing after him.
          He turned around, thankfully.  "Wow, your not with "them" for once in your life."
          "Yeah, don't get used to it," I cracked.  We were walking side by side, talking about spring break.  We walked down the hall, around the corner, down some stairs and out the door.

          "Are you doing anything for spring break?" he asked me.

          "Nah, probably just gonna be lazy & hang out with you-know-who."

          "Well, me and some guys are gonna go down to the river, you should come & bring your friends. I gotta go, it's a long walk to my house.
          "Okay, I'll think about it..." I said with a smile on my face, hidden by my hand.

          "Yo! Candy!" Shelby yelled down the stairs in a deep, man-like voice, "What's crackin' with you and Eric?" She and Brenna, Grace, Tamara, and JoEllen began walking over and all tried to squeeze onto the bench I was sitting on which is only about 5 feet long. 
          "So?" Brenna asked with a kind of excitment in her voice.
          "So what?" I said, sounding kind of embarrassed.
          "What's going on with you and Eric?!" she squeaked
          "What do you mean?" 
          She sighed and rolled her eyes, "Dude, pretty much everyone knows you like him."
          "Uh! No I don't!" I lied.
          "Yeah, sure you don't," Shelby cut in. I was about to say something when JoJo said that our bus was here in some 'language' that we hardly ever understand which sounded like ah boos is heaa, so I just droped the subject.

          It seem like half of the all the bus riders rode our bus so it was always crowded. 

          Anyways, I feel I need to explain a little more about me and my friends. First of all, the guys on the Basketball team call us the "blondies" or "blonds" because we act so blond. And just so you know, we're not all blonds, Brenna and I are but Shelby, Grace, Tamara and JoEllen aren't but act like it. Brenna is a true blond, hair and all, but I'm more of a dirty blond but act like a TOTAL blond.  Shelby was smart, straight A student, on the honer roll, but was still a blond on the inside. She, Grace and Brenna are tall, im in-between, and Tamara & JoJo are shorter than average. Tamara is a little taller than JoJo but not by much.  
          Shelby & Brenna waited for our bus to come because they walk home, JoJo & i ride the same bus, and Grace and Tamara ride another bus. The whole bus ride home I couldn't but think about Eric. He's not the most gorgeous & sexiest guy EVER, but he is a really sweet, funny person. He's a dirty blond, white, and kind of has elf ears, but they're cute! And lets not forget he's a REALLY good basketball player... and I've HEARD, that he's a good kisser...



© 2012 Candy-pooh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this beginning! Well done. I like the conversation/dialogue.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good conversational tone and very realistic.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was awsome book!Keep up the good work!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


Brilliant work!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2011
Last Updated on August 1, 2012


Author

Candy-pooh
Candy-pooh

columbia, MO



About
I love to write, read and, strangely enough, type. My friend said this site would be the best site for me so i'm here...... And happy. more..

Writing