Bridge It

Bridge It

A Poem by JRB
"

Brought back by demand,,,,

"

Her inner passion runs wild, a dream lost, now found, resulting in second thoughts; doubt and confusion haunting her very being, casting expectation into her world of lost dreams. The emotions are slowly, brought forth from deep inside her heart, where they are hidden but not lost. They are now reaching for her soul with anticipation and apprehension before her.

 

Awakened in the darkness of this fear, now seeing the light, she believes in herself, yet holds fears for another, as that fear slips away, she will reach out. Her name is a reverberation of the sounds held profoundly in the minds of others. Her words stand in front of her thoughts, and her morals are behind her actions. Her soul shines this truth through her eyes, as they gaze upon this world.

 

She is a woman, she is a child, she is a mother, and she is a daughter. She is life, hope, and most of all; she is success in the face of defeat. For her years of silence are now like a star that has kissed the sweetness of my living soul, in the memory of my fading life. Darkness gives way to the light of hope, shining brighter as the days go by.

 

I find myself in those moments of pondering, tracing out her image in the obscurity of the clouds, as I drift in and out of my new found thoughts of this reality, hidden behind a much believed fantasy. My thoughts seem to now giveaway to those emotions and senses of holding, that which has not been held. Hoping that the touch will help reunite two souls separated by destiny and brought back together by providence.

 

The rush of images flashing before the eyes, as they hold back tears, neither of pain, nor doubt, but rather of a love needing to be shared. If she wishes upon that silent star, if fate directs her will, her strength of character shall find herself, sharing life’s treasures with such a mysterious, sweet soul; she will have found herself in another, as they shall find themselves in her.

 

Just perhaps tonight she shall find dreams much sweeter than those dreams in her awakening hours. Now that I have found her in my thoughts, all that seems left is to have her in my heart, my world and most of all, in my life. When the violence of my feelings becomes heavy on my heart and unlocks the treasury of my thoughts hidden from myself. Then, just maybe, my love will follow my heart and signal my mind to release my soul, to unite with hers, in hopes of hers uniting with mine.

 

 

 

Copyrights Reserved
@JRB
Bridge It

© 2011 JRB


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Like how you start this piece, you seem to be able to draw the reader in immediately and keep their attention to the piece throughout your writing. I also like the one line "If she wished upon that silent star, if fate direts her will, her strength of character shall find herself, sharing life's treasures with such a mysterious, sweet soul; she will have found herself in another, as they shall find themselves in her"
very strong choice of words, it really gives a strong message as well. I think that's the best line in the whole piece, to be honest. I like it alot.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
Stunning!!

Does she exist? Hope you find her or if you have hang on!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The woman you wrote this for is indeed blessed to have won your heart. I pray she realizes this and never loses sight of this truth. This is magic. This is love.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is just beautiful, as a Woman and hopeless Romantic both I know what we as Females wish to hear, and the Lady you write about and for is one lucky Lady indeed to have a man so deeply in tune with her every aspect to write like this, just lovely, Josie :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I am much younger than you, still a child, so forgive me if anything I say is disrespectful to you. I agree with Ms. Rain Queen. It is amazing how you put all that into detail, and I hope you find the person this person you wrote about. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your description of this woman is stunning!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The way you describe this woman-whether she is a ghost of your past or a future dream, is what love is. You don't go into as much sensual imagery as one might expect to find in such a passionate declaration of love, but this is perfect, as the love you describe is far closer to agape than Eros.

Perfectly done. Thanks for letting me read it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


:D

Posted 12 Years Ago


I hope you find her.

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

792 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 8, 2011
Last Updated on December 8, 2011

Author

JRB
JRB

Grantville, PA



About
To my writes, I have been told that my writings, relate to the poetic styles of, John Donne, George Herbert, and many other early 17th-century English poets. By believing that enlightenment c.. more..

Writing
12/21/12 12/21/12

A Poem by JRB



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The first wave The first wave

A Chapter by JRB


Moods Moods

A Poem by DrD