Solitary

Solitary

A Story by mirui
"

A man is trapped in solitary confinement.

"

   My head was throbbing, feeling like it was going to dislodge itslef from it's limb. I had not the slightest idea where I was. I looked down at myself, and saw that I was wrapped from chest to toe in bubble wrap. I had no reminiscent memory, of how I got here, or what I was doing here.

  Three officers cautiously steped into the room; like they were afraid for their lives. I sat up, looking at them with reluctant eyes. Though they showed little to no signs of fear, but i knew deep down they were ready to run out of here at any moment.

 "Its okay, Garrison, you can trust us," a female soothed.

         Garrison, why did that name sound fammiliar to me?

 The cops cautioned towards me, saying whispers to eachother. Then they all tried to grab me. I involuntarily tried to attack them. I tried to burst my way out of the bubble wrap. The cops grabbed me ,to seize my flailing. they then threw me on the ground. There was a perpetuual silence. The cops then carried me out of my room into another one.

 The room had soft cushoning, all around. It made you feel like, you were hovering on a cloud.

  "W-why am I here," I stuttered.

 All I heard was muttering behing me. My eyes swelled up with tears; but not of sadness, it were tears of unforgivingness. I rubbed my coarse hands together, waiting for an answer. There was none, but the sound of a door shutting. My brain went into overload, as I was trying to comprehend all that was happening.

  "Why am I here? Who am I? Where do I belong?" I yelled, in anger and rage.

 Then all of a sudden, everything went black.

 When I awoke, there was a throng of cops standing around starting at me. Anger started to muster up inside, anger that was not docile.

  "Get me out of here!" I yelled, angrily.

  "Calm down, Garrison," the same female officer from before soothed.

  "No! No! No! I will not calm down!" I just couldn't contain any of my rage anymore.

 The room became dark again.

 I awoke in a bed; my bed. Some furniture was obscured by the darkness. I got up from bed, and got myself dressed. I heard the front door open then shut. I raced down stairs to see if there was an intruder. There was. Many cops surrounded me, with the muzzles of their guns pointed at me.

  "You are not escaping solitary again," The same female from my dreams, said.

 "NO!

 

 

  

© 2009 mirui


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A jolting start that really pulled me in. You described the emotions well, but perhaps a bit too literally. Maybe you could try describing a characters actions a bit more with the intent of revealing whats on there minds. I liked it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Bubble wrap was interesting and creative way to give both a sense of imprisonment and vivid imagery as well. Nice twist at the end.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I loved the bubble wrap idea. It would be terrifying to wake up wrapped up like that.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Riveting. The bubble wrap was an interesting way of confinement I liked the vivid images :]

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2009
Last Updated on March 8, 2009

Author

mirui
mirui

Writing
Away Away

A Poem by mirui


Alone time Alone time

A Poem by mirui