Top Places to Visit in Taipei

Top Places to Visit in Taipei

A Story by jaslyncea
"

Taipei is a metropolis renowned for always keeping up to its visitors’ expectations. It will therefore be exciting to know where to go when there.

"
Availing flights to Taipei is always a good thing for many tourists because it serves as keys in opening doors to unforgettable memories and experiences in this Asian paradise. But the question is, what are the beautiful places to visit in the city? Taipei is a metropolis renowned for always keeping up to its visitors’ expectations. It will therefore be exciting to know where to go when there.


Here are some of the best destinations:


1. Taipei 101


Once the tallest building in the world, Taipei 101 is a 101-storey building which serves as an iconic landmark of the city. It is home to business offices, hotel, commercial establishments, and an observation deck where you can get a spectacular view of the city’s skyline. It is located at Xinyi Shopping District so people can do their shopping and sightseeing at once.


2. Longshan Temple

Built in 1738, the Longshan Temple is one of the oldest temples in Taipei. As it is open to Buddhists, Taoists, and other religions, it is visited by many tourists. What makes it more attractive is its location. It is located in Wanhua District, one of the oldest in the city, and is surrounded by traditional markets. The old Chinese shophouses are really eye-catching!


3. Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall

It is rewarding to visit the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall as it exposes people to a part of Taiwan’s history. The beautiful building of white and blue is located at the Liberty Square, and is dedicated to Chiang Kai Shek, one of the greatest rulers Taiwan has ever had.


4. Ximending

No trip to Taipei will ever be complete without a visit to Ximending. In contrast with the old charm of Wanhua District, Ximending is the trendiest street nowadays. Lots of stores selling trendy clothes and accessories, as well as gadgets, for the young ones can be found there. There are also numerous pubs, cafés, and restaurants to visit.


5.  Presidential Palace

You may not be able to enter the main building but you can always marvel on the impressive beauty of the Presidential Palace. Built during the early 20th century, the building flaunts a unique architectural style which people can’t help but notice.


6. National Palace Museum

Regarded as one of the most famous museums in the world, the National Palace Museum in Taipei exhibits the biggest collection of Chinese artifacts, which basically exposes the wonderful culture of China from up to 8000 years ago.


7. The Grand Hotel

Even if you’re not staying there, a visit to the Grand Hotel in Taipei is necessary. Located in Zhongshan District, it is an iconic landmark that boasts of a neo-classical Chinese architecture. It is the tallest of its kind in the world, with a height of 87 meters.


8. Shilin Night Market

Those who wish to further delve into the typical culture of Taipei should drop by the Shilin Night Market. Aside from the stores selling almost everything for cheap prices, it is also where locals and foreigners alike can enjoy terrific Taiwanese delicacies. Make sure to try the popular Chinese sausage.


9. Beitou Hot Springs

As Taipei can be very grueling, the need to retreat and relax often comes necessary. When it does, people are advised to go to the Beitou Hot Springs. It is just north the city and is renowned for the spectacular hot spring pools set against the luscious mountains.  Nothing beats the rejuvenation it guarantees!


10. Maokong

For those who prefer solitude while overlooking great sceneries, a trip to Maokong is recommended. Located on top of Maokong Hill, the place provides people with magnificent views of the city. It is great to marvel on it while having green teas and snacks, right? Maokong has those ready for you.


People should not hesitate about coming to Taipei as there are lots of places to visit. For the best experiences, book tour packages to Taipei that has these destinations in their itineraries.

© 2013 jaslyncea


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on May 28, 2013
Last Updated on May 28, 2013
Tags: Taiwan travel, Taipei travel, Taiwan travel guide, Taipei travel tips

Author

jaslyncea
jaslyncea

Singapore, Singapore



About
Jaslyn Lim is a Bachelor's Degree Holder of Business and Commerce in a university in Singapore. She loves blogging, social networking, and traveling. On of her blog, Top 10 Travel list, is focused on .. more..

Writing