Where to Find Halal Food in South Korea

Where to Find Halal Food in South Korea

A Story by jaslyncea
"

Many travelers coming to Seoul are from Muslim countries; and naturally, they will look for Halal restaurants. Thus, this article provides options on where to find the best places for Halal food.

"
Lots of travelers come to South Korea not just for sightseeing and the Hallyu stars, but also for the food. Recently, the tourism department of the country has been putting a lot of efforts in promoting their local delicacies to the world through different campaigns, with various world-renowned artists including Super Junior.

Each promotion caters to all types of races and nationalities; but apparently, there is yet to appear a dedicated strategy for Muslim travelers. As it is obvious, a large percentage of South Korea’s tourist arrival comes from Muslim countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, and many others.


Actually, many Korean dishes fit the Muslim preferences so finding something to feast over while in the Land of the Morning Calm is as easy as buying those Seoul air tickets online. Yet of course, some travelers still would want to find exact locations.  In this light, here are some options:

1. Potala

Photo Credit: midnightseoul.blogspot.com

Located just along the very famous Cheonggyecheon Stream, Potala is a classy restaurant named after Tibet’s Potala Palace, an iconic attraction in the Chinese region. Owned by a native Tibetan, this dining venue in Jongno-gu offers the culinary goodness of the Himalayan culture. The atmosphere inside the restaurant will also make diners feel like they’re actually in Tibet, thanks to the warm lights, cozy interior design and alluring architecture design. Muslim travelers will definitely enjoy this place because there are also Halal recipes served although not included in the menu. Asking the staff isn’t difficult as English is used. OPEN: 11AM to 11PM. Budget: 4,000 " 18,000 won.


2. Pasha

Photo Credit: rawrkorea.blogspot.com

Forget the Gangnam style and go Turkish in the district with a visit to the Pasha. With its interior design and staffs, it creates an ambiance of definite luxury that would make one feel like he’s in Turkey instead of South Korea. Among the best sellers are the kebabs, salads and lavas (Turkish bread). Pasha also serves Ayran (traditional Turkish drink) and Lokum (Turkish jelly). As Turkey is a major Muslim country, the food served in this restaurant is surely going to be a good destination, especially for Muslim travelers who may have availed Seoul Korea tours. OPEN: 11:30AM to 11PM. Budget: 3,000 " 27,500 won.


3. Petra

Photo Credit: zenkimchi.com

One of the best Halal restaurants in Seoul, Petra offers an extensive menu serving authentic Arab Halal food. Since its opening on 2004, this acclaimed restaurant had been making available to everyone an array of Muslim-preferred meals using only the freshest and best ingredients. Among the recommended recipes are the falafel, mixed kebab and tabouli. Aside from the menu, Petra is also widely visited because of its location. Perched atop a hill in Itaewon, it offers a breathtaking view of the city and tree-lined Yongsan Army Base. OPEN: 12NN to 10PM. Budget: 8,000 " 45,000 won.


At the moment, Muslim communities in Seoul are demanding for more Halal restaurants to cater their dining preferences. Thus, travelers may expect their options to burgeon in the coming years. As for now, listed above are the three top destinations. Should these three be beyond one’s penchants, they may ask their Muslim tours Singapore agent for assistance to get to other vegetarian restaurants around the city.

© 2013 jaslyncea


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1905 Views
Added on November 8, 2013
Last Updated on November 8, 2013
Tags: travel, tours, leisure, Korea, korea travel, halal meal, korea halal

Author

jaslyncea
jaslyncea

Singapore, Singapore



About
Jaslyn Lim is a Bachelor's Degree Holder of Business and Commerce in a university in Singapore. She loves blogging, social networking, and traveling. On of her blog, Top 10 Travel list, is focused on .. more..

Writing