Travelling to Macau

Travelling to Macau

A Story by jaslyncea
"

As it promises a very worthwhile experience concentrated on cultural discovery, sightseeing, gambling and entertainment, it is understandable why many people loves to visit Macau.

"


Because there are a lot of flight promotions available in the internet nowadays, it is very difficult to resist the idea of traveling to Macau. As it promises a very worthwhile experience concentrated on cultural discovery, sightseeing, gambling and entertainment, it is understandable why you want to visit the place immediately.


Basically, the best time to visit Macau is during October to December. During those months, the weather would be nice and cold. Although the city is pleasant during summer too, the atmosphere could be very humid. That is not so much of a good thing because feeling hot and sticky all day would somehow ruin the traveling mood.



The casinos in Cotai Strip are what basically made Macau famous all over the world. In this place, you can experience the glitz and glamour brought by the vibrant nightlife. Neon lights from different commercial establishments basically illuminate the streets, creating a wonderful ambience for the tourists and locals alike.


But no matter how fun gambling in Macau is, there are still a lot of other things you could do while there. Sightseeing is another activity to do. The city gives home to numerous attractions �" some are even free �" which could satiate the need of tourists to see wonderful places.




 There are the Senado Square, Ruins of St. Paul, The Bubble at the City of Dreams, A-Ma Temple and Guia Fort. Visiting these places is also like discovering the history of the city as most of these attractions have been in existence since the Portuguese colonization.




In between your sightseeing experiences, you need to eat of course. So when famished, forget about what you usually eat and try the delicious Macau cuisines. Although some dishes have this Portuguese-feel, most are still ‘Asian’. Some of the must-tries are the egg tarts, roast black pepper duck, durian ice cream, and beef noodles.


As for accommodation, there is no problem with that. Macau is a well-developed city which gives home to different hotels which vary from budget to first-class hotels. One of the most famous lodging establishments in Macau is The Venetian Hotel, located in Cotai Strip. It is undeniably one of the most luxurious too.



Basically, getting around Macau is one of the most exciting things to do. In a literal sense, the adventure of riding the buses or hailing taxi cabs contributes a lot to a better travel experience. The transportation system in the city is easy to familiarize with, and most people can speak conversational English so asking for directions (in case you’re lost) will be a breeze.


With all these stated, it is safe to say that a travel to Macau will be worth it.

© 2014 jaslyncea


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

597 Views
Added on May 2, 2014
Last Updated on May 2, 2014
Tags: travel, tours, leisure, Macau

Author

jaslyncea
jaslyncea

Singapore, Singapore



About
Jaslyn Lim is a Bachelor's Degree Holder of Business and Commerce in a university in Singapore. She loves blogging, social networking, and traveling. On of her blog, Top 10 Travel list, is focused on .. more..

Writing