Chasing stars

Chasing stars

A Poem by Jasmin Vieira
"

Some people don't believe in love. Some do believe. Do you?

"
We run with the wind trying to catch the stars. We gasp for air we are running out of time. 
The faster we go the shorter the distance. We reach the edge. 
The Cliff right in front of us. We are a dance, the leaves twirling around us, we are our own tornado.  
One foot on the edge, then the next. we start to fall. We were always together, but your swept away falling towards the trees, I towards an icy lake. 
When we crash I can't breathe. I'm drowning falling deeper and deeper into the lake of doom.
I need you. 
where are you?
This is the end. Not the end of me or you, but the end of us. 
 I will remember you not when we were falling, not when we crashed but when we ran chasing the stars.
 I thought I was cursed with a broken heart but this broken heart just means we had love.
 Not the love with Late-night texts and fake smiles but the love that left us in moments that we thought would never end, the love that I saw in your eyes when we connected. 
The one that burned with passion. 
A love that will live on even with us apart, a love that will never end.
 I am forever left with a part of you, for that I am grateful.

© 2019 Jasmin Vieira


Author's Note

Jasmin Vieira
soo... I wrote this super quick. Hope it's okay.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I CAN'T EVEN SPELL... OMG

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Added on April 28, 2019
Last Updated on April 28, 2019

Author

Jasmin Vieira
Jasmin Vieira

London Area, Ontario, Canada



About
I'm 16 I attend high school. I really love writing and reading. I'm just posting really random stuff i have written. more..

Writing