DRUNKEN BOATS SINK IN ECUMENICAL SWIRLS OF INEBRIATION- excerpt 3

DRUNKEN BOATS SINK IN ECUMENICAL SWIRLS OF INEBRIATION- excerpt 3

A Poem by JC

Some of the toughest times in our lives end up being the fondest of memories…those delicious periods of starvation and madness…the cheap apartments that seem to vibrate with voices and faulty pipes…the six pack of beer and cigarettes to drown the hunger that could have easily have been alleviated by that money…the wailing of the streets below and knowing that at least you don’t have to get up and go to some job that crushes your mind flat like a bug…sure, you’ll be broke tomorrow, cause you’re broke now, and after the beer and smokes are gone you’ll be hungry like you’ve never been hungry before, but at least it’s on your time…

© 2016 JC


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

'knowing that at least you don’t have to get up and go to some job that crushes your mind flat like a bug… - '

The ease, the smile, the expected run of day after night ad infinitum gets to be mundane, forgettable... same-y. As you suggest the toughest times bring the fondest memories. Maybe subconsciously the mind and vision looks for better than appears, maybe the hope that tomorrow will be a better day floods the empty plate or mug. Plus.. maybe hardship should be incurred, rather like brief conscription so that an aching spirit understands that feeling something is better than not feeling at all, at all. Perhaps.

Posted 7 Years Ago


JC

7 Years Ago

Conscription... I like that... every moment has its place every emotion worth feeling every experien.. read more
Yeah, I'll drink to that for sure.

Posted 7 Years Ago


JC

7 Years Ago

Only if it's under a bridge, cheers :)
Matching Socks

7 Years Ago

Lol! Of course... I'll feel right at home.
This is brilliant, in my opinion, it reads exactly as a narrative thought process, and is totally truthful and beautiful in its execution.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 23, 2016
Last Updated on March 23, 2016

Author

JC
JC

Canada



About
https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_binding_browse-b_mrr_0?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A916520%2Cp_27%3AJason+Crane%2Cp_n_binding_browse-bin%3A2366374011&bbn=916520&ie=UTF8&qid=1458737257&rnid=2366372011 more..

Writing
Poetic Death Poetic Death

A Poem by JC



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..