EVERY FRIDGE HAS A DARK SIDE

EVERY FRIDGE HAS A DARK SIDE

A Story by Mr. Anonymous
"

A descriptive output of one of the most loathed meals of childhood.

"
AS  the door swings open on its hinges, I see something wondrous, spectacular, and perhaps even frightening. My refrigerator has properties priorly unknown to me, smelling of acrid steak and pork. Properties that have cause this to mutate into a somewhat strange form. Ugly yet at the same time great and unique. But then, I see movement.... A heave and a ho, a blast of bitter air, finally a groan that rattles me. Even though it is very fascinating, this Thing on the third shelf next to the mashed potatoes and lettuce, it occurred to me; it could quite possibly be dangerous. I yearn to touch this Thing's leathery skin, but I reluctantly pull my hand back as I reach ever so forward. Wait! It has just shifted position, a remarkable feat for such a creature. Then a huff, followed by what can only be described of as a wink. I knew something was wrong with that meatloaf.

© 2011 Mr. Anonymous


Author's Note

Mr. Anonymous
Please comment. (No haters. I have a Waffle House to keep 'em out.) Wrote this roughly one year ago and have revised and edited. Hope you enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
Added on September 20, 2011
Last Updated on September 22, 2011
Tags: Fridge, Steak, Pork, Potatoes, Lettuce, Leathery, Meatloaf
Previous Versions