Invisible Clock

Invisible Clock

A Poem by Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno

Sometimes, I wonder why time was ever made aware in mans consciousness  The hands of time can be painful and blissful. Time is man made, sometimes it slows us down when we want to run, traps us when we want to be free and see so far ahead that what is right in front , behind, or near can be an illusion.

Some of us don’t acknowledge time and some of us know our place in it and some of us don’t. Time is inside of us, Has your heart ever beat so fast you feel like you can hear a clock inside you? reminding you why you are alive. Each beat of your heart is a memory and prediction. The hard times you faced and survived joy so intense that if you concentrate hard enough you will relive it in the present. Feeling the future coming and wondering where it will take you. 

Time is what we make it, we can make it stay alive or let it die. Either way it is consistent and we were made to make the hands of time keep ticking.

© 2015 Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno


Author's Note

Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno
I'm backed up on reviews which I'm doing as I type. Salutations fellow writers. I welcome constructive criticism :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like good writing whether I agree with it or not. Here your conceptual idea does not ring true with me but, it does not have to.
This is your idea and I am just a naysayer. What do I know anyway?
I liked your presentation of your ideas but, not the style of the presentation that much.
You have have moxie and I like that in a poet! Keep writing!



Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno

8 Years Ago

i adore you used the word moxie lol
Perkele.7885

8 Years Ago

moxie is part of my speech lexicon that I was taught to use when I was growing up so many years ago... read more



Reviews

I agree with you.
"Time is what we make it, we can make it stay alive or let it die. Either way it is consistent and we were made to make the hands of time keep ticking."
Time is our decision. Have fun or not. Hide or be seen. Thank you Jacquelene for sharing your excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Time is practically everything, i go in line with the scripture which noted the use of time for everything. I really felt a connection.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno

8 Years Ago

thank you daniel for your time and appreciated words :)
reading this paints a clock so vividly within my imagination that I feel as I i am one with all time

really impressive write


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno

8 Years Ago

thank you so much that puts a smile on my face that you feel what i wrote, I always try to touch my .. read more
Reality is that in every motion of every atom, in every moment there is only now, and the motion of it exists only in the 3-dimensional condition and concept of the human mind.
Past exists no more, future does not yet exist, and when we say, "NOW!" it is already past … aye, time is a system derived by humans for the human world, because it is the only existence in our condition we can perceive; yet, not the only world we can realize exists beyond our own.
Ah, your composition got me on a soapbox, Jacqueline … it is rarely anyone speaks with a mind parallel my own, and I am pleasantly surprised to find you here.
Your piece, though not in poetic format, is excellent Prose, that speaks with a deeply coherent and conscious voice.

I very much enjoyed you through this offering … thank you! 〜 Richard

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno

8 Years Ago

Richard thank you so much for your time and on the content of my character it's so wonderful to read.. read more
Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Jacqueline … it is my pleasure.
I like good writing whether I agree with it or not. Here your conceptual idea does not ring true with me but, it does not have to.
This is your idea and I am just a naysayer. What do I know anyway?
I liked your presentation of your ideas but, not the style of the presentation that much.
You have have moxie and I like that in a poet! Keep writing!



Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno

8 Years Ago

i adore you used the word moxie lol
Perkele.7885

8 Years Ago

moxie is part of my speech lexicon that I was taught to use when I was growing up so many years ago... read more
Wow! A refreshing, interesting treat to read!
Your words have woven an intricate and philosophical picture of our timely lives.
Can't start to tell you how much I loved the very unique concept!
Enough said!
Loved it!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno

8 Years Ago

thank you so much for your time and lovely words, I have a smile on like the Cheshire cat.
Jyoti_Ablaze

8 Years Ago

You are very welcome.
Very thought provoking piece.. I liked the message of endurance and through the tenure of life the appreciation of how it all works. This is a short piece but has a very deep message and it is indeed a smart write. Great stuff.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno

8 Years Ago

thank you so much keegan, I appreciate the lovely review and understanding of which place in came fr.. read more
awesome piece of writing....a very deep truth so well expressed... It stopped my pulse for a moment and let me think of the duality of time...great work thanks for sharing ...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno

8 Years Ago

thank you so much Shivalik, I wrote this during a sunset I couldn't tear myself away from.
Shivalik Kalsotra

8 Years Ago

most welcome yup true sunset and sunrise fills the spirit with new life and light, I love it too

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

435 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 24, 2015
Last Updated on August 28, 2015
Tags: peope, psychology, time, poetry, time philosophy, reflection, depression, happiness

Author

Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno
Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno

NevErNeVerLaNd, CA



About
I'm a woman with something to say, I live my life in spurts of joy but only short ones. I come here for kindred spirits and I am here for you. Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou Pretty women wonde.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..