Car Crash

Car Crash

A Story by Joey K
"

A sad story about a car crash that occurs during a harsh argument in the car.

"

She looks out the window of the car. I keep my eyes on the road, only glimpsing at her. It’s quiet. No music, no talking, not even the sound of movement, just the air passing over the car as I drive. Occasional bumps in the road softly jolting the car. I can’t take it anymore. The silence is killing me.

“Rache please talk to me,” I say, glimpsing over my shoulder.

“Just keep driving,” she responds carelessly. I sigh and decide to push it a little more and apologize.

“I’m sorry.” I feel her stare, draining any hope I had of making anything right again.

“No you’re not!” she yells.

“Look I made a mistake I didn’t mean to-“ she cuts me off violently.

“Just shut up!” she screams, slamming her hand on the door in anger. She starts to cry and drops her head between her knees. I put my hand on her back to comfort her, but she throws my hand off and yells at me again.

“Get your f*****g hands off me!” Suddenly I hear a cars horn and the tires screeching.

I try to evade the oncoming car, but it hits us. The airbags shoot out, as my head thrusts toward the steering wheel. The glass shatters and I feel the car begin to spin. I hit my head on the side of the window and my vision goes dark for a few seconds. I lift my head up, my vison blurry, ears ringing, and the thick smell of sulfur fills the air. I look over to Rachel, finding her head on the dashboard. I see a large gash on the side of her head, gushing blood on the dashboard. I struggle to stand up out of the car. I see the man I hit get out of his car without hardly a scratch. He begins to yell and scream, but I can’t hear him. I nearly fall to the ground, but struggle to get to the passenger door. I open the door and drag Rachel out, laying her on the asphalt. I hear sirens in the distance. I take my already bloodied shirt and wipe her face to clean the blood. She gasps awake and she tries to stand. I hold her down.

“No don’t try to get up,” I say. I take her hand and she looks into my eyes. She begins to breathe heavily. I squeeze her hand to calm her. She coughs blood in my face. She sees the blood on my face and her eyes widen with fear. She coughs again, but this time blood gurgles out from deep in her throat. Her breathes become shorter and shorter with every moment. I put my hand to the side of her head and squeeze her hand a little tighter. I begin to cry and her grip on my hand loosens. She continues to stare into my eyes and she lifts her hand up to my face with what strength she has left. She tries to speak, but can’t. Her arm drops to the ground, her hand slips from mine, and she draws in her final breath, only for it to drain back out. She lies motionless in the road and I shut her eyes with my hand. I kiss the side of her cheek just as the police arrive. We’re illuminated by the red and blue emergency lights and I cry into her lifeless body and pray to god that she’s somewhere safe. 

© 2016 Joey K


Author's Note

Joey K
I hope you guys like this one

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This totally had my attention till the last word, you're good at sketching the scenes and the characters were believable, specially Rache. "She sees the blood on my face and her eyes widen with fear"- I love this description, and how you made it the point where she realizes the fatality of her injuries, panic bubbling. The best thing about the story was the dialogue, I felt. I have some suggestions to make if you don't mind.. Keep the climax hidden for as long as possible. The title of the story kind of eats away a considerable amount of suspense that would have made the read even more exciting. Though I did kind of hold my breath wishing the girl would survive. Nevertheless, the ending was great what with the tint of melancholic beauty, words remaining unsaid, feelings going unexpressed. I think this kind of combination of genres is your niche. Keep exploring, keep writing Joey!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

200 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 20, 2016
Last Updated on August 20, 2016
Tags: sad, love, romance, hate, car, crash, Car Crash, gory, bloody

Author

Joey K
Joey K

MN



About
My name is Joey Knisely, I've been writing for quite a few years now, looking forward to becoming a freelance writer/journalist. At the moment, I'm working on a short-novel [email protected].. more..

Writing
Remember Remember

A Poem by Joey K