Last Breath

Last Breath

A Poem by Jessica Dallaire
"

Missing my cat, Inky...

"
I can't think of you without crying so I try to keep your image from my mind.
You were the best friend I've ever had and a friendship like that is hard to find. 
I loved you more than I've ever loved and I never thought feelings could run this deep.
I saw that love reflected in your green eyes; that is the image my heart will always keep.

Death took you from me too soon and what I'd give to have you back for just a moment.
But that moment would be over too fast and I would never let go, we both know it.
I regret a lot of things that I can't change, like not being able to make you get well.
In your last moments you were trying to hold on for me, that much I could tell. 

I feel that I abandoned you in your time of need, like I handed you over to Death. 
At least you were in my arms when you were dying and I was there during your last breath.

© 2012 Jessica Dallaire


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
Added on April 18, 2012
Last Updated on April 18, 2012
Tags: poetry, cat, death, pain, feelings

Author

Jessica Dallaire
Jessica Dallaire

Eugene, OR



About
I always find myself venturing back to this website and being surprised with the immense amount of talent that a lot of these writers have. I used to frequent these pages on a daily basis years ago, b.. more..

Writing