He's the man

He's the man

A Story by Blue
"

Zane had little worries on his mind, well until his girlfriend, Abby, decided she no longer was in love with him, but in love with Derek, a real boy.

"
"Abby?" Zane whispered, pressing his soft finger tips against her pale cheek. His eyes searched for her's, but failed miserably as she wouldn't meet his gaze. He sighed and slipped away his hand, and shoved it into his jean pocket, looking away.

She stared at the darkness under her eye lids. She bit her lip trying to hold in the tears then gasped out, "Zane I love him."

Silence filled the space around and between them. Zane scratched the back of his neck, and sighed quietly. "Do I know him?" he asked staring at her closed eyes.

"Yes." she breathed out. "It's Derek." She swallowed hard and slowly opened her eyes to meet Zane's sad blue eyes. "I have been seeing him for the past three months." she informed breathing unevenly.

Zane stared at her blankly. His expression stone, only his eyes revealed sadness and pain. "So," he started, "You've been cheating on me for the past three months?" He cleared his throat and looked away. "I'll so you around, Abby."

"Wait!" Abby cried grabbing hold of his arm. "I don't want it to end like this."

"How do you want it to end, Abby?" he shouted pulling away his arm. "You want me to say 'Congratulations! I hope you enjoy his c**k?' Well think again! You've been telling me 'I love you' for the past year, and I'm not sure if you actually meant it." he glared into her eyes. Then he softened his expression. He placed a stray of black hair behind her ear. "Congratulations."

He walked away, Abby didn't stop him. She watched with sad eyes as he left her in the school hallway. He didn't need to hear how he was a real man, and he wasn't. Zane didn't want to hear the words "I love him" ever again. He feels betrayed. He feels heartbroken like the little girl inside him, who he really is, a little girl. He bit his tongue and tears went down his cheek. Why bother being a man when you're a freaking b***h! Zane cursed and went into his car.

He sighed, looking at the school one last time. "Good-bye Abby," he whispered, "And hello summer." He drove away with those last words.

"So how did he take it?" Derek asked walking behind Abby.

She turned around and smiled sadly at him, "I broke his heart."

"He'll be fine. Trust me, he's stronger than he looks." Derek smiled.

Abby smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a kiss on his lips. "I love you, Derek."

He kissed her again and whispered, "I love you too, Abby." They smiled at each other for a long minute. "C'mon. Lets get outta here." He grabbed her hand and ran out the school to his car, and drove off to what will be a glorious summer.

© 2011 Blue


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmmm... this was interesting. Short and simple. It was sweet and touching at the same time =]
Just one tiny suggestion, you might want to check the placing of various adjectives. They seem awkward in a few places
for example:
"Abby?" Zan whispered pressing his fingers softly on her pale cheek. His eyes searched for her's, but failed miserably. He sighed and slipped away his hand, and shoved it into his jean pocket.

This could be written as:
"Abby?" Zan whispered, pressing his soft finger tips against her pale cheek. His eyes searched for her's, but failed miserably as she wouldn't meet his gaze. He sighed and slipped away his hand, and shoved it into his jean pocket, looking away.

Or somewhere along those lines. Haha, I suck at grammar myself so I hope I managed to help a bit =]


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Added on January 12, 2011
Last Updated on January 16, 2011

Author

Blue
Blue

North Philadelphia, PA



About
Italian cielo azzurro Il mio nome è Blue. No, io sono serio, I'm Blue. Io vivo a nord di Philadelphia, e il mio amico, Jake, mi ha dato questo conto. Io sono italiano. Io parlo tre lingue, sp.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Blue


Sudden Death Sudden Death

A Chapter by Blue