The Hamartian Plauge (tentative title)

The Hamartian Plauge (tentative title)

A Story by Jonah
"

The prologue to a story i will be working on and updating regularly if it is well recieved.

"

Prologue

The day was normal. I suppose that sounds silly now. Much in the same way that people are living up until they die, the day was uneventful, boring even, until it happened. Looking back, those last few hours of boredom are a treasure I would give almost anything to have now.

It was cold, that gray period at the end of fall but not yet quite winter. Dead leaves rustled softly as an unwelcome breeze pierced straight through my thin jacket and came to rest somewhere deep in my bones. Shadows lengthened as I quickened my stride down the deserted suburban street, my mind already casting ahead to the cozy bed waiting for me at home. I turned the corner, and my house came into view. Small and unassuming, it was by no means extravagant, and as I neared the end of the driveway, I felt a soft tickle on the back of my neck. I reached back quickly, sudden images of scurrying eight legged things popping into my head, and was curious to see a couple odd, bluish fibers clinging to my hand. I felt more tickles on my face and neck, and looked up to see more, millions more, falling from the sky. A soft, blue snow, as if the sky itself were being shredded and floating down to rest on the earth. I was curious, mystified, surely this was some kind of bizarre weather phenomenon. It never even occurred to me I should be afraid. But that was in the beginning, how could I have known, how could any of us have known, or even guessed what these small hair like oddities would mean. I call it the beginning, but really it was also the end. The end of one era, and the beginning of another. Life would never be the same from that day on.

© 2013 Jonah


Author's Note

Jonah
My first work after quite a while of not writing, please dont be too harsh :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on May 24, 2013
Last Updated on May 24, 2013
Tags: scary, unusual, emotional, human, error, flaw, plague, illness, horror, modern, realistic, fiction

Author

Jonah
Jonah

Bellville, OH



About
Hi, My name is Jonah. I have always been fond of writing and reading since i was old enough to understand the words on the paper. I also enjoy playing piano, saxophone, and approaching life with an .. more..