Deliverance

Deliverance

A Poem by Norma J. Jessee

Candles flicker,

As darkness shrouds my soul.

A vague smell of incence.

Utterly peaceful;

Even the doves,

Have fallen into stillness.

I am so alone:

My heart so heavy,

and so sore.

I kneel,

Think about prayer,

Nothing comes.

I want to flee,

From the final confrontation,

With the monster.

Knowing now,

That I cannot hope

to emerge unscathed,

from this encounter.

I listen to the words

my heart speaks,

in anguish,

trying to deny their meaning.

As a hush sweeps over

my soul, once more.

Broken only by

the beating of

my heart.

I have come to

Confess.

 

© 2008 Norma J. Jessee


Author's Note

Norma J. Jessee
This poem was inspired by one written by James Blaylock called ( Sinless ) I put myself in the place of Judas who betrayed Jesus and tried to write what I thought he might be thinking after committing that grave deed to a man who would die for him. In fact Judas was so distraught he hung himself.
Thank you James for being my Muse on this one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Making a decison to deliver a heart wretching or disturbing confession is no easy task, we must all face our demons sooner or later in order to have some peace within ourselves, there is usually fear, anquish and consequences attached, but a heavy burden, once released will eventually give us peace, this is what I read into this well penned piece.
Tony

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

well... I must say that this peice is quite nice, its thoughtful (on many levels) and its beautiful not only in its words but I love the physical shape of it!! (ps Ive been gone for quite a while but I have returned, hopefully to write and read when i have some more time i will be going though your past entrys)

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is very powerful. It's amazing how we can place ourselves in someone else's postion and feel what they feel. You did a wonderful job doing such. Your syntax is great and I love the way it flows kind of disconnected-like. Amazing work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is one of your best! I thought it flowed well and the whole poem is very powerful! To be inspired by someone else, great work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


...this is very good. The Bible says that "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of the Father."

I would hope Judas had this moment alive, but more likely it happened when it was too late.

This is a very intriguing and insightful piece.

Bear

Posted 16 Years Ago


as the story goes. you hand over the son of man and petry is formed. Does that make us evil, quiet, or hopefull? I myself am quieted by this...amen I say to you....the pain I feel is uncontainable. I have been melodramitically defiled...amen again and again

Posted 16 Years Ago


A Awesome pice of writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


A Awesome pice of writing, my friend ~ deeply expressed and so well penned~
THanks for sharing this powerful read~Fran

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I thought this poem may have had a religious subject or inspiration to it. It is laden with sadness, yet there seems to be a sence of releif at allowing the long carried burden to be expelled and obsolved. Very well done, it was a joy to read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


The guilt from which Judas suffered, was not that of a man experiencing a conflict at having done something that he believed he should not have, but of the enormity of the consequences that had been set in motion, at what he believed was the 'right thing' to do, at that time. It was meant to be!

Luke 22:21-22 (The Message)

21-22"Do you realize that the hand of the one who is betraying me is at this moment on this table? It's true that the Son of Man is going down a path already marked out-no surprises there. But for the one who turns him in, turns traitor to the Son of Man, this is doomsday."

The meaning and act of confession is essentially the same as the criminal one � to admit one's guilt or at least of one's sinfulness.

Great inspirational write!

God's Blessing
Phillozofee

Posted 16 Years Ago


Fantabulous poem, Shelly

Posted 16 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

446 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 14, 2008
Last Updated on March 14, 2008

Author

Norma J. Jessee
Norma J. Jessee

VA



About
I am a 57 year old, happily married, mother of 4, who have blessed me with 12 grandchildren. I find a lot of my inspiration comes from my grandchildren. who can provide an endless supply of things to .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..