Crimson Moon - Chapter #1

Crimson Moon - Chapter #1

A Chapter by Nyanachi

          It was a dark, cold night that burned with the painful cries of my mother as she slowly died to bring me into this world. Every object was overcome by the glow of the crimson moon. As I would open my eyes and breathe for the first time, she closed her's and let out her last exhale. As for the man who planted his seed in my mother's womb, all I know I have learned from the words and hatred of others. It is said he was the ruler of all the demons, that he was what they call Satan. Everything that he is, dirties my existence, leaving me to be his filthy spawn. I've almost forgotten that this life is mine. Like little sparkles of light that leak through the shade of a tall tree.
                 I live curled up in the underground area of the poor city that's streets crawl with the vilest of beings. My dearest friend is a crow who I consider much more than a pet, he is the only living thing I can connect with. I let him out at daytime to fly around, always envying his dark feathered wings. The one demonic power that aids me is to understand the language of animals. I forgot to mention the old witch who lives upstairs, she is a mysterious character who mostly locks herself in her room, creating all sorts of spells.

          I sit, cold on the floor, singing ancient songs that I have heard from the ghost's whisperings and imagine being human. How I would love to study life's secrets and have a multiple sided life.

          My eyes empty, I feel an emotion crawling under my skin, possessing my mind. "Why does it have to be like this?" I ask myself sadly. My mom's death haunts me, it is my shadow, following my every step. I wish I could kill this pain inside me, but it only seems to feast on my need for it to disappear. Am I too lost to be saved? Oh to be loved I would gladly die for their sake. I am too used to being denied.

          The sun shines, and gives light to the moon, but none seems to warm me. I was destined to be part of the evil that crawls the earth. Every moment the Satan's energy courses through my veins. I hunger to be part of the heavenly good force that heals the world.

          As the moon rises, the day is born to my fancy and I creep out with the crow on my shoulder. His black eyes blaze reddish with the the reflection of mine. I smile shyly, as if I can see our friendship dancing before me. Everything that that I am is brightened by this one bird. I walk with him down the street, with my hoodie that I wear to carefully conceal my devil horns. We stop in the empty park so that he can fill himself with a meal of bugs. I climb to a flattened branch of a tree to rest and gaze up at the glittering star-spotted sky.
         
               
                   


© 2017 Nyanachi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

An interesting twist on the subject. Your description of the environment and action at hand were absolutely wonderful to read. This is just a personal issue for me so you can ignore this, but I don't like the whole devil horns thing. Its too nordic for my taste and I would prefer some new take on it like if she had a weird eye power that happens when you look directly at her or something miscellaneous. Then again you can just ignore it since its just a personal thing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nyanachi

9 Years Ago

Yeah thank you! ^^ and yeah it was just a choice, since I'm really in love with how horns look I thi.. read more
One Lost Anti-Hero

9 Years Ago

Yeah I can understand that. Hope this story continues cause its very interesting.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 8, 2015
Last Updated on December 17, 2017