Shapeshifter - Chapter #2

Shapeshifter - Chapter #2

A Chapter by Nyanachi

                    On such a cold night a little touch of warm startles me. I wake to a soft hand on my shoulder, and a voice sounding, "You are a Usha, the demon princess and sister of the moon, I am your guardian." Even under a shadow, this mysterious face gleams inwardly and I know instantly it is my friend. I quickly gather my breathe and ask, "You've always had this other form?". My crow nods with a grin, as he chuckles lightly, brushing off my awkwardness. Just then a window appeared in my tiny world and we gazed out it all night as I began to re-familiarize myself with an old friend. I began to feel the twinkle of the stars appear throughout all physical things. In my heart I knew his name was Isra for that which is free, It echoed in the past as a faint whisper.

                    You know when someone is good, it happens when your souls balance peacefully in the darkest places. They make you feel the present moment settle back down to earth. Isra is that energy that lights me up. I have no clue why he thinks I'm more than a devil, or that I'm worth giving a beautiful name. My life was born of death, is that not a sign? Between each thought hid an eternal hope.

                    The time was winding forward with a new pace. I have to get back to my little isolation from the sun, to my house where no one shall see me. During this time Isra is always free to explore the human world at it's busiest hours. He smiles at me one last time before transforming into flight and fading into the sky.

                    I am consumed with curiosity about his magical abilities. I picture flying side by side with Isra, our feathers flapping happily in sync. I want to see the normal life that humans are so famous for wanting to give up in pursuit of something more unique. I long to know how its like to have a duty. How does it feel to fit into an expectation? The lady I live with says these things make life dull and lose its purpose. But with so much choice as humans are given I can't understand why they would leave themselves to rust away like that. I have always thought that I had an excuse to sink here under my own evil birth, but maybe I am not alone, maybe others feel this too no matter who they might be. I want to feel life slowing unraveling into a blank canvas and be able to paint it and love it as my spirit's creation.

                   



                                  


© 2017 Nyanachi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well written I really like the mysterious feel you describe in this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


One Lost Anti-Hero

8 Years Ago

I hope so I want to know more about this protagonist.
Nyanachi

8 Years Ago

done :) hahah yay I'm so honored to have this first story read in interest!
One Lost Anti-Hero

8 Years Ago

I like the flow of the story, but the imagery is absolutely captivating.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Added on May 20, 2015
Last Updated on January 13, 2017
Tags: crow, devil, demon, shapeshifting, name