Initiation - Chapter #3

Initiation - Chapter #3

A Chapter by Nyanachi

          Isra pulls me close, "What is causing you to worry?" I am shaken to stillness. "Oh I was just thinking about human life...and your magical abilities," I manage to say. I can tell that he senses there is more going on but he leaves me be. It is a nice thing to have such a caring friend. How dark anyone's world would be without a friend, mine would crumble into a bitter abyss. With every moment I feel my heart hopelessly give into Isra's charm. What a strange girl am I, with love for my crow. How I long to taste his freedom and feel his spirit.

           Time froze with these silent thoughts and carried me away from the moment. Then warmth brought me back, we are not alone. Isra carries me and held me in the darkness behind the leaves. My heart beats with fear and hidden desire to be held so safely in his grasp. The that enemy arrives is some sort of monster, crafted with spiny, dark skin and long, dangerous limbs. The animal crawls around searching for us on the ground's surface. But we glide swiftly away and were out of sight shortly.

           I fly with Isra so high, all the city lights appear as colorful stars on a sleeping little world. My dreams seem to have lost to this night's adventure. I never could have imagined the beautiful things of today. I smile at Isra to show him he is magical. I wish things could be like this forever. Good things always have to end though, though if I could, I'd be immersed in this feeling forever.

          When we arrive back at home, Isra tells me of our purpose. He describes how the world has been tormented by evil. This happened under my father's rule. He tells me that it is time for me to rule, that only one who is pure of heart will keep the world in balance. The battle begins tomorrow, we plan to set off to fight for justice. I feel like anything is possible by his side, I feel like I'm under some kind of beautiful spell.


© 2015 Nyanachi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on July 1, 2015
Last Updated on July 1, 2015
Tags: fantasy, monster, crow, flight, adventure, love, mystery, magic