chapter 1

chapter 1

A Chapter by jen


I wrapped my sleeping bag around my numb body tighter, i watched the beautiful silent flakes of snow land softly on the concrete floor. It was getting darker I glanced at the only possession i owned apart from the clothes i was in , my sleeping bag , and a few lose coins... My watch the one my mom gave me before... before she died.

I presses a little black button at the side and the face lit up a brilliant green, the time read 10:55pm.I Put my head under the sleeping bag hoping for just a few little hours sleep..

half an hour later...

every time i was close to getting to sleep i was disturbed by a rat scurrying across frozen leaves, or a drunk man on his way home from the pub or even the far away sound of an ambulance in the distance. these little sounds distributing the nigh silence.

A gust of wind blew a plastic bag towards me , i shivered tying to get warmer in my sleeping bag my head painfully resting on the pavement floor of the doorway i was in, it was the door way of a paper shop called "jerrys". I sighed knowing i would have to be up at the crack of dawn before the owners caught me in their door way, that is if... i fell asleep.

But at last i fell in to a deep sleep... Ouch what the? i felt a poking in my back was i dreaming? Ouch there it was again! i opened my eyes to find a 6ft 2 police man glaring dawn at me about too poke me with a stick again. "Come on son get up" he said in his cockney accent. I grimaced this was another slight problem with being homeless when you did finally get to sleep you were often woke by a stupid copper telling you to move.

"Yes sir" i replied He smiled, he seemed alright 
I stepped out into the doorway rolling my sleeping bag up the cold air stung my cheeks painfully, "hey kid?" i turned back round. "yeah?" what did i do? i thought.

"here" he said tossing a pound coin towards me i caught it in my right hand and pocketed it. "thank you" He nodded.

after 10 minuets of walking i spotted a park bench protected from the wind by a wall it would have to too i though. I settled down for another quick nap.

I woke up shivering i looked at my watch it was 5 in the morning, it had carried on snowing last night after i had fallen asleep but the flakes had melted from my body heat making my sleeping bag damp. I got up of the bench pushing my floppy fringe out my eyes. I rolled my bag up and walked towards town, i felt in my pocket and fished out 3 pound coins and a twenty pence that was all i had. i finally came to a breakfast cafe that had just opened it was empty. I walked in wiping my feet on the matt so i diddnt bring in a load of snow. I breathed in the strong smell of coffee and bacon, i walked over to the counter a smiling old lady stood behind it she unlike most people diddnt seem grossed by my dirty clothes and scuffed up trainers. " What would you like dear?" she asked me. 
"erm a coffee please" i replied i held out my 3 pound coins in my hand, "she sighed its on the house dear" I looked at her was she joking? "n.. no its alright look iv got enough" i said. she gently pushed my hand away " go on take a seat". 

I smiled at her and took a seat near the window two minuets later she came back with a coffee and a bacon sandwich in her hand she set it down in front of me. "thank you"i said. she smiled.
"your welcome dear is that sleeping bag dawn here let me put it on the radiator to dry" i felt a tear in my eye i couldn't remember the last time some one had been this nice to me. " she came back over and sat opposite me she noticed me trying to warm my fingers on the coffee cup. "you poor thing you must be freezing.how old are you?" "18" i said " well nineteen next week i said looking at the calender pinned to the wall,. "well we have to do something about that iv got a grandson your age is just wander..." she stood and headed for the stairs. isn't it enough that she gave me food for free she must have the kindest most purest heart ever i though.

I heard footsteps coming down stairs i looked up to see her carrying a white box she put it next to my empty plate. 
"  This is for next week but you can open it now" she said. "wow thank you" i said
my fingers prised the lid off inside were a pair of trainers she must have seen the ones i was wearing, they were white nike trainers with the black nike logo and black laces inside were warm and padded. "what you waiting for go on try them on" she said. I smiled at her, the trainers fit perfectly. "thank you erm sorry i dont know your name"? "daisy"
"thanks daisy" she smiled "im sure ill remember you" "will you come back and visit" she asked i could see the longing in her green emerald eyes. I nodded "soon" i told her i got up from my chair. "thank you for everything daisy" i started towards the door."hey one minuet dear, "whats your name"? "Robbie" i told her and stepped out in too the cold morning wind, it started to snow again.



 


© 2010 jen


Author's Note

jen
hope you like * what a nice lady* lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a great write. I can picture EVERYTHING in my mind, so your description was enough. However, you have quite a few grammar mispells and your sentence structure is sometimes incorrect. Try adding a few commas.

Good luck! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Added on August 6, 2010
Last Updated on August 6, 2010


Author

jen
jen

England, birmingham, United Kingdom



About
Hello my name is Jenny and im shy lol but when it comes to writing im so much different i love to write and read. Myspace Graphics - Online Dating Site I love the twilight saga and I wan.. more..

Writing
summer sun summer sun

A Book by jen


preface preface

A Chapter by jen


chapter 1 chapter 1

A Chapter by jen