Afraid to Go At It Alone...

Afraid to Go At It Alone...

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

This is a thought on a certain thing that disrupts my life sometimes...

"
    There is something that I wanted to get off my chest in which I had not wanted to address this out loud; I had done a good job so far in searching for a job after all that training, but somehow, I had backed out. I had also wanted to try to learn how to clean my own room as well as washing my own bedding every month, but on certain occasions, I just trail off and just do it occasionally.
         Now, I would very much like to confess this: The reason that I had been putting off in job searching as well as trying to do my household chores is that of this: Deep down inside, I am afraid…I am scared of the fact that after I get hired for the job that I have searched for and that I have finally learned how to do the chores by myself, I fear that I might not be able to know how to do the job right; I also fear of the day that I might be on my own and that I would never be able to figure out how I could manage things, like doing taxes or even manage my money.
             You know, when I had just written this, I somehow felt better when I write to you guys about this, not just as something to get me off my chest, but because when I write about my current feelings such as the one in which I have just written about, then I begin to feel better, so much better in knowing that with God’s help, I would be able to do such things on my own, but first I have got to face my fears as the days, weeks, months, and years go on. What do you think? 

© 2018 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
I hope that you have enjoyed my mini-story on being afraid of doing what I have to do, and then managing my fears. Please inform me of what you yourselves think of this. Thank you so very much.-JW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ah..I actually loved this..Because I am also among those people who feel relief after writing..In fact , every person here feels good when they share how they are currently feeling here..You know I also fear the same way as you about doing what I have to do..In fact , I also don't know how to always keep my room clean and how to manage all things by myself and my mom always scold me for this things..I loved this piece of writings especially because I can relate myself easily with it..You wrote it well..
Keep writing...

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ah..I actually loved this..Because I am also among those people who feel relief after writing..In fact , every person here feels good when they share how they are currently feeling here..You know I also fear the same way as you about doing what I have to do..In fact , I also don't know how to always keep my room clean and how to manage all things by myself and my mom always scold me for this things..I loved this piece of writings especially because I can relate myself easily with it..You wrote it well..
Keep writing...

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Added on June 15, 2018
Last Updated on June 15, 2018
Tags: Job, Chores, Slacking, Afraid

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing