PREPARATION FOR GOODBYE

PREPARATION FOR GOODBYE

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

An article about leaving my blogging past behind and looking forward into the future...

"

       In a month and a half from now, I shall be closing down my blog for the final time and leave WordPress after 6 ½ years; It is kind of funny to think how time has suddenly flown by in those years when you try to bring fun to an audience who just could not wait to see what they can expect from you…
       I have been blessed that God has granted me the gift of the talents of my writing as well as my creativity of art, and I am so very grateful that I have been given the chance to use my talents to make people so very happy; When I was young, I would be excited by things on the television such as a TV special and that had given me something in my life worth looking forward to. Now that I am older and that I have those talents of writing and art, I would use them to make those who have visited my WordPress-hosted blog have something for them that is worth looking forward to as well. 
       I have provided as much as I possibly could in those past 6 ½ years; But now, the time has come for me to go and use something else to make people happy and excited. On June 14th, I shall be closing down my WordPress-hosted blog, KALEIDOSCOPE (www.jenniferkaleidoscope.com), while at the same time leaving WordPress for good. The reason? I want to devote more of my time to a job in which I have now, a food service cleaning job for Sodexo at the Patterson Dining Facility at the Dover Air Force Base in Dover, Delaware. I also want to devote more of my time to be an author, writing and publishing eBooks as well as print books; And yes, I am still going to be writing for this here website called the Writer’s Cafe.

       Truth told, I do not want to ever leave blogging; I love doing it-In fact, I started my blog as a hobby back on November 13th, 2012, but then the blog has grown into a moderate success, if not such a HUGE success. But recently, since I had gotten that food service cleaning job, it has become hard to search for new ideas as well as any time to write a WordPress blog post. What’s more, WordPress itself has changed, I think, from a blog-hosting site that used to have features such as Community Pool to just simply a site that helps people grow their business. With all of those changes that WordPress had gone through, as well as my own changes in my life, I figured that it is better well time to leave before you are asked to…
       One morning before I had made the official announcement that I would be leaving WordPress, I walked to the bus stop thinking how I would ever find time to publish posts on my own blog; But then I wept tears and said to myself, “I cannot go on blogging forever! I have got a job now, and I need to concentrate on that!” So it was that I began writing down the 1st draft for my farewell announcement in which I would then rewrite it as the 2nd draft. Then, I began to copy and paste my draft onto my new post, then published it…
       Well, as they say, the rest was history: My readers have read of my announcement, and although they are sad to see me go, they are somehow grateful that I have listened to my heart and have made the decision. Now I am prepared to close this chapter in which it has been called my blogging career and heading off into my next chapter: Writing books and food service; And although I won’t be expecting much, I am hoping that my readers shall say something nice about me once I leave WordPress on June 14th. I know that it is going to be sad for me to leave blogging, but on the bright side for me, at least I shall be free of those burdens. 

       If I should ever return to blogging one day, then maybe I should do so in a much different topic than the one that I have for the past six and a half years: A variety blog. I may return to blogging someday, but until that time ever happens, my focus right now should be about being and author, as well as food service cleaning. But I shall always be very grateful for the entire WordPress family who has helped me learn how to grow in terms of writing; My skills have been honed long enough for me to go out now into the world to see what I can do outside of blogging. My heartfelt thanks go out to WordPress for shaping me into the writer in which I am today. 

© 2019 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
Let me know what you think of my article after reading it if you very well please! Thank you!-JW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on April 29, 2019
Last Updated on April 29, 2019
Tags: WordPress, Blog, KALEIDOSCOPE, Changes

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing