SEPTEMBER 11TH, 2001...(An Essay)

SEPTEMBER 11TH, 2001...(An Essay)

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

An essay for the anniversary of September 11th, 2001.

"
Once again as is every year, we are reminded of what America should be about as well as everything that this country stands for. On September 11th, 2001, all our lives were changed forever when four terrorist attacks happened in New York City, the Pentagon, and in Shanksville, PA. and once again, we are also reminded of the great heroism that these brave men and women have shown, and they had faced the evil to save those who needed rescue.
9/11, as it is called now, is observed each year, and of course not ever a year goes by without setting aside this day to remember lives lost, and that bravery and heroism shone is ways never imaginable before. And it is not just that July 4th, Independence Day, is a day for American patriotism-September 11th should also be a day for patriotism. Think about this: Right after those attacks on September 11th, 2001, every magazine cover has been graced with displays of American spirit and pride. And every single radio station in America began to play patriotic songs such as God Bless America, America the Beautiful, and God Bless the U.S.A., among others. And yes, since those attacks, I am once again reminded of this event myself, and every time the calendar falls on September 11th, I would find a way to find any right words to express my own feelings about that day in which our lives were changed forever. But it seems to me that I struggle to find any right word for what I should write on the anniversary of the attacks. But I do what I can to honor that day in writing, such as the essay in which you are reading right now.
Time has since changed since that dark day; In the 18 years following 9/11, people have been trying as very best as they can to try to go on with their lives, and it is somehow working, and that they are doing a great job. We have also been trying to honor 9/11 every time the calendar falls on the date of September 11th, but recently, we are living in a world in which hate is as much rampant as ever before. They treat 9/11 like it is no big deal. Well, guess what? September 11th, 2001 is the most important date in which belongs to history, and yes, it IS a big deal! September 11th, 2001 is as a huge a deal as the JFK assassination, and do you want to know why? Because it was the day that, no matter what our race, sex, or religion, we Americans all came together as one, and to witness the evil that was shown on our television screens. But we also saw the heroism of every police, fire, and medical department, who unselfishly worked many an hour without any sleep to save each American as they can.

Terrorism may be strong on 9/11, but being a hero on that day had just proved to be just as stronger as it ever was before or since. Those of you who have little children who were too young to remember what had happened on that day of September 11th, 2001 might want to teach your kids when they are a bit older about the history of September 11th. But much more than that, perhaps you might want to talk to them about the heroism that those people had shown.
It is my duty every year to write essays such as this one about 9/11. I wish that I do not want to do something like this every year, but I keep going with my yearly messages. I have to remind the people of this great United States of America each year that September 11th, 2001 is the date that changed our lives forever. And while we remember that most horrible day in America’s history, we shall also not forget the great heroism as well as the sacrifice that those heroes have made to save those who were in peril that day. Let us remember that, too.
WITH LOVE-JW

© 2019 Jennifer Webster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on September 11, 2019
Last Updated on September 11, 2019
Tags: September 11, Heroism, Patriotism, Essay

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing