To Make Them Happy...

To Make Them Happy...

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

People use their talents and create social media videos to make them sane during a pandemic such as this one; Here are my thoughts...

"
Throughout the many weeks in which Americans are so stuck in their homes, it seems that one of the only best ways to try and pass whatever time they have on their hands is to create a video and post it on social media, so that it would go viral and have a lot of views. While it may be true to those who would like to have a chance of stardom, they sometimes do not always work well for others, while the rest try out posting a video on social media, but for the wrong reasons.
       I am thinking that these people do such things to help them feel better and to get them through; at most times, they would also create a video to honor those who have been on the front lines of this pandemic, as a very special way of saying Thank You to those heroes for putting those people in peril in front of themselves. I think that it is a special thing to do, don’t you think?
      I do not see any problem with social media videos that people create; If they want to make themselves or others feel happy, then I say: More power to them. However, if they try to create a social media video to plug a fake drug to help stop COVID-19, then they should not do that. They would end up in trouble.
 Social media videos are what those in the creative world are using right now, and for a very important reason: There are performers whose gigs have been cancelled due to the virus, and thinking that the only way to make ends meet is to put on a video and perform for free, or even raise money. Speaking of which, it might as well be a good idea to create fundraising videos to help those who have been impacted by COVID-19, and when enough money is raised, then when this whole entire nightmare of this pandemic is finally over, then the work can begin on rebuilding our lives, and to somehow return to normalcy. 

      When people do not have anything else to do, the best thing that they, and us, would do is to create a social media video. If it goes viral with all the happiness that it brings, then those stressful days would be made better. I cannot say if making a video would make you famous or not, but the least we can do is to make people happy while we still can.

               © 2020 Jenn Webster 

© 2020 Jennifer Webster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on April 23, 2020
Last Updated on April 23, 2020
Tags: Pandemic, Social Media, Video, Thoughts

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing