There Are Many Mountains...

There Are Many Mountains...

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

My thoughts on the pandemic being able to hurdle through one mountain after another...

"
   (Canva art by Jenn Webster) 
     It seems like only yesterday when we were thinking just how great this very first year of this new decade, the 2020s, was going to be; we would never imagine that it would begin like this. Yet, here we are: So much of our plans and goals that we were going to make for this very first year of the 2020s have been thrown out the window, and it is all because of a pandemic that has been caused by a virus in which our President has failed to control. Of course, had our President listened to those dire warnings of a pandemic approaching, and had he had not fired the pandemic response team nor threw away the pandemic playbook that Joe Biden had given him, then he would have saved us from this doomsday in which we are in right now. But unfortunately, he did not, and look at where we are now. Hey, I know that I have been writing something like this in the months since the pandemic was declared, but I have no choice but to remind you of how horrible this current President's negligence has caused this health crisis as many times as I can until we elect a much better President than Trump. 
     I would have wished with all of my heart that this year was as better as before; If I could wave a magic wand and make everything a whole lot better, I would. But with things the way they are this year as well as trying to wonder when things could ever get back to normal anytime soon, I feel that we do not have any other choice but to just simply expect the worst but hope for the best at the same time. Now I know why we are living in a time of great uncertainty: None of us have any idea of where this is going or how it would ever end. We do not know how long we workers would be furloughed or if we could get news that we would be laid off for good. We do not know if the stock market would ever be better ever again. We do not know when we would ever have the things we love back again, such as sports, movies, car shows, and everything else. 
     And what is even more scarier than just all of these things, we do not have any idea what this coming year would bring; all we could think about right now is the fact that it is an election year, and our vote should decide which President would be smart enough, brave enough, or kind enough to run our country. Furthermore, we do not have any idea if we could ever have a vaccine made at the end of the year, or that we would ever have our happiness back ever again. 

     That is why we, and still are, living in a time of great uncertainty, a period of great unknowns. I think that this kind of thought has the equivalent of climbing a mountain or two; Each climb is more difficult than the last. However, if we could just not think about that hard climb and to only concentrate on the top of the mountain, then maybe we would be alright, if we know how to climb right. 
     This pandemic that we are in right now has been one, huge mountain, and we have got a lot more climbing to go before we could finally reach that top; that mountain may be high, but if we can just ignore that height and just concentrate on the climbing, then it is with greater hope that we can finally reach the top. 
                    (C) 2020 Jenn Webster  

© 2020 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
Please let me know what you think of my new writing piece; any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated!-JW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I share your thoughts and concerns. How much outrage can we withstand? How much shame? How much unnecessary death? Any other President would have resigned, but not this one. I worry so about others and what the future may hold. Perhaps we should view each new thing or day as a mountain to climb.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I share your thoughts and concerns. How much outrage can we withstand? How much shame? How much unnecessary death? Any other President would have resigned, but not this one. I worry so about others and what the future may hold. Perhaps we should view each new thing or day as a mountain to climb.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 9, 2020
Last Updated on September 9, 2020
Tags: Pandemic, Mountain, President, Crisis

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing