The Sea Wisp by Jenn Webster

The Sea Wisp by Jenn Webster

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

A surprising thing happened on the way to the beach...

"

      Judy was at the department store buying a gift for a friend’s wedding; he and his bride were getting married in a few weeks. She was just checking out which gift she would buy for them when all of a sudden, something that resembles a mist appeared, and grabbed Judy’s purse!
       Judy then went outside and chased after this mist; she chased it all the way to the boardwalk of the beach. She then went downstairs and onto the sands of the beach, figuring that she would catch this mist who had snatched her purse. Judy took off her shoes as she went on the sand, and then, as she had finally reached the shores, she had found the mist, which then gave back her purse! Perhaps, Judy thought, maybe she does not want the purse anymore and instead just play tricks on me. So, she kept a close eye on this mist; suddenly, the mist then changed into a sea creature, a sea centaur, half-woman, half-seahorse! Her hair was as blonde as it could ever be!
       She just could not believe her eyes that she saw a real, live sea centaur here on the beach! So, Judy asked what her name was and what she was doing here, as well as to why she had taken her purse in the first place!


       “My name is Ava,” the sea centaur began, “and I had taken your purse just so that I could get some kind of attention.” Judy began to think, Really? Was that her plan all along, taking my purse just so that she could have attention? Ava began to look at Judy and said to her, “I so very heartily apologize for doing so…I am just so lonely here, both beneath the ocean and here on this beach. I just wanted someone to have as my companion, someone who could make me happy, and if someone is willing to accept my invitation, then I would be as very happy as any sea centaur in all my life.”
       With that speech that the sea centaur known as Ava has made, that made Judy change her mind, along with her feelings going from anger to feeling sorry for her. So, with that, Judy asked Ava to be her friend, and she gladly accepted, but she gave this warning: “Do not tell anyone who I am and what I am.” And then, Ava returned to the ocean. Judy began to feel so very happy that she had somehow made a friend, even though she would not dare tell anyone about her…
       So Judy walked up back to the boardwalk of the beach; then she got in her car and drove home, knowing that she had done a right thing in making a friend.
            ©2020 Jenn Webster 


© 2020 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
What do you think of my very short, but very sweet, fantasy story? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!-JW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on October 2, 2020
Last Updated on October 2, 2020
Tags: Judy, Ava, Sea Centaur, Beach, Companion

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing