The Confrontation

The Confrontation

A Chapter by Jenny Leigh
"

Draven decides to confront Ryan about what is in the night stand. He doesn't expect to find another shocking surprise when he does.

"
     I waited a couple of days before trying to just barge in on Ryan to look inside his night stand and confront him on the items we had found. I had worked on a plan on how to look inside the night stand. I knew he kept books in there when he read them. So I was going to ask him for the book I loaned him a couple of months before. This way when he opened the drawer, I would see the home made Ouija board, necklace and candle. Then I could confront and question him about them. I just hoped it wouldn't come to him getting violent. 
     I worked up my courage and waited until after work that Wednesday. He had already showered and was in his room relaxing like every work day. I got into the shower and let the water run over me thinking the whole time what I could do if things took a turn for the worst. I played the scenario over and over in my head. If he charged me, I'd just pen him up against the wall. If he got to me first, then it would have to come to a fight and may the better man win. I didn't even realize the water getting colder until I turned around to face it full on. That's when I decided it was time to scrub quick and get out.
     Once I was dried, deodorized, and dressed, I went to Ryan's room. Instead of "barging in" I did knock. He told me to enter, so I walked in and went into the act of asking for the book, while walking toward the night stand. He said that he was sure he still had it, and opened the drawer to the night stand. My heart began to race, I looked over into the drawer as he slid it open, and saw that it contained only the book. Unfortunately, that didn't register in my head at first. So I yelled "Ah ha!" and pointed my finger at Ryan and then at the drawer causing him to jump backwards. "Jesus Christ! What did you see a mouse? What?" He snapped. I didn't know what to say, so standing there with my finger still pointed at the drawer, I said "I knew you had it in this drawer." If looks could kill, I'd be dead right now. He told me where I could shove my finger, threw the book at my head for scaring him, and made me get out of his room. A couple of days later, he got me back. When I came home to discover that my whole room had been bubble wrapped...including my clothes. 
     Saturday morning rolled around and I was chilling in the livingroom watching t.v. Ryan came over, flopped down beside me, and asked if he could ask me something serious. I said he could, and with the most serious look I've ever seen him have he asked, "What were you really looking for the other day when you asked for the book?" I didn't know what to say. Did he know that we had been in his room before? I decided to be truthful with him, and I turned the television off, turned and faced him straight on. I looked him eye to eye, and told him everything. From Tyler needing the batteries, and what he found Then wanting to confront him, but not wanting him to become upset about it. 
     Once I had finished, he sat there quiet, just looking off into the kitchen, but away from me. After about two or three minutes I asked him if he was o.k. He wouldn't look at me, he only replied with a nod of his head. Then he stood up, and walked to his room. When he came back he was holding a bag which he gently tossed at me. He then said "So then this is what you were hoping to see inside the night stand the other day?" When I opened the bag it contained the Ouija board, the necklace, and the candle. I looked at him hard and asked "Why do you have these?" He proceeded to tell me that when he came home that night, he went to put a card Emma gave him in his night stand. That's when he saw all the artifacts in there. He said that he knew exactly who had put them there, but it wasn't him. I asked him who it was, and he said "I can't tell you. You've just got to trust me on this Draven. There are things going on that you know nothing about. I wish I could tell you, but people may get hurt if I did." I wasn't sure if I should believe him, but looking into his eyes...I did.


© 2016 Jenny Leigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

" I didn't even realize the water getting colder until I turned around to face the it full on."
-I think you might need to remove the 'the' at the end there so that this sentence makes sense.

"When I came home to discover that my whole room had been bubble wrapped...including my clothes"
-I laughed just thinking about his clothes being bubble wrapped. Could you imagine?! I mean, you probably wouldn't get hurt if you fell down or something, but that would get really annoying really fast, haha.

I'm actually surprised how perceptive Ryan is. In the beginning, I thought he was more of a goofball who didn't really think things through, but this chapter proved me wrong. He instantly noticed that something was up with Draven. At least it's becoming clearer that he isn't crazy/possessed.

Hmm things seem to be getting really mysterious. I do like that Draven is in the dark about everything, though, because, as the narrator, it helps us readers also stay in the dark with him and at least feel partially at ease that we're not alone.

I'm really liking where this story is heading and I'm looking forward to the next chapter :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jenny Leigh

7 Years Ago

Crap didn't even realize I had a 'the; in there. And yes the bubble wrap was a symbol of Ryan puttin.. read more
Poopewpachoo

7 Years Ago

That's usually when the best parts begin to happen! Can't wait!
I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next installment. It's like watching the old serials at the Saturday matinee. "Next week...."

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jenny Leigh

7 Years Ago

Lol. Made me laugh with that one.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 14, 2016
Last Updated on September 19, 2016


Author

Jenny Leigh
Jenny Leigh

AL



About
I love to write a variety of genres. Especially within the horror/thriller line. more..

Writing
Mother Dear Mother Dear

A Chapter by Jenny Leigh


Best Friend Best Friend

A Chapter by Jenny Leigh