Consequences

Consequences

A Chapter by Jenny Leigh
"

In the final chapter, Draven has just witnessed the murder of one of his team mates. Now he may also witness the others downfall as well as his own, if he can not escape.

"
     Ryan was still yelling Emma's name, as well as some other name's, at Tyler. Tyler was collecting Emma's blood into a bowl. I was struggling with the ropes, trying to free my hands, so I could get to Tyler. I could tell that Ryan was ready to kill Tyler himself. Then Ryan looked at Tyler and asked "Why? After I kept the damned secret, why did you kill her any way?" Tyler smirked and laughingly said "Because you told everyone here what I was. I told you not to tell, but you are the one that told. Her death is on your hands Ryan." "You told me to tell them you b*****d!" Ryan snapped. Tyler walked over, looked Ryan straight into his eyes, and solemnly said "But you didn't have to tell them the truth. You could've lied and spared Emma's life." I don't think I've ever seen that much hurt in Ryan's face since I had known him. He looked as though he was the one that had plunged the knife into her body. 
     After Tyler had caught some blood in the bowl, he walked it over to Lana, said some words in Latin, and she drank it. Sam, who had been quiet this whole time, vomited at the sight of Lana drinking blood. Tyler asked her if there was a problem with the drink he had prepared for his true love. Sam just shook her head. He enthusiastically said "Well wonderful, because I insist you have some as well.", as he took the bowl away from Lana and shoved it into Sam's face. At this point I was on the verge of breaking my wrists from trying to free my hands to get to Tyler. Then it clicked in my head, and I got up onto my knees while he was distracted with Sam. I got my right foot pulled up and was about to sprint when Tyler turned and saw me. I had to react fast, so I lunged at him with everything I had. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough. He just moved out of the way and allowed me to run right into Sam, knocking her over onto her back.
      I went flipping two somersaults over her and into a wall. Tyler smirked at the way I must have looked. He had completely forgotten about Ryan though. Ryan had gotten his hands around to his front by tucking them under his feet. He then rolled onto his knees and, as Tyler was distracted by my blunder, Ryan charged him. Ryan got his still bound wrists up over Tyler's head and pulled them tight around his throat, hoping to choke him to death. I was still trying to get back to my feet, when I saw Lana approaching Ryan from behind, carrying a board. I yelled for him to turn around. He turned, swinging Tyler around in front of him, making Lana hit Tyler in the face with the board. Tyler went down taking Ryan with him. Ryan unwrapped his hands from around Tyler's neck, and was trying to get up when Lana hit him across the back of his head. Ryan went down.
     Sam had finally made it back to a sitting position, when she saw Lana coming toward her. She began to slide herself backward next to me. I had again made it to a sitting position. Lana pulled a knife from her dress pocket, and before I knew it she had slid the knife across Sam's throat opening a large gash. Blood immediately gushed from the wound, Sam choked on and spat blood, and all I could do was look away. I couldn't block out the sounds she was making though. I closed my eyes tight and tried to ignore the sounds, which I guess was the wrong thing to do. I never saw him coming. I felt the sharp piercing blade slide into my chest. The pain was so intense, my heart beating so hard, pounding, even in my ears. I felt myself slump over onto the ground, and my heart began to beat slower. My eyes wouldn't close no matter how hard I tried. I watched them walk straight across and cut Ryan's throat while he was still unconscious. I tried to scream out but only spit blood, because I could taste the extreme copper flavor of it in my mouth. Then everything went dark.
     I open my eyes, I'm laying on the floor of the barn. Ryan, Sam, and Emma are looking down at me. I jump up with a fright and start feeling my self all over for the stab wound. I don't feel anything, nor do I see any blood. "What the hell are you doing?" Ryan asked. "What's going on? Where's Tyler and Lana?" I asked, instead of answering. "Who?" Sam asked. Then Emma chimed in with "We've been waiting here for you Draven." Suddenly the barn door opened, and three people walked in carrying flashlights. I didn't know why they had flashlight's. The barn was well lit with candles. They approached us, I stuck out my hand and said "Hey my names Draven and this is my....." They walked right past me as though I hadn't said any thing. I looked at the others and commented about how rude they were. 
     Next thing I knew they were taking pictures and the girl was talking about how a year ago four bodies were found here in the barn. Two men and two women, and they had appeared to have been a sacrifice in a satanic ritual. Then she raked back some of the hay and dust and the faint remnants of the pentagram was still visible on the floor. Then she started asking questions. Very familiar questions. "Is there anyone here that wishes to communicate with us tonight? Are you one of the people that was murdered here?" I was right in front of the girl trying as hard as I could to get her attention, to make her see that not only me, but other people were there as well. She wouldn't acknowledge any of our existence. That's when it dawned on me, I was no longer the hunter. I was now the hunted. A spirit that had unfinished business. I had died tragically, suddenly, and was trapped here. Doomed to live out eternity walking Earth unseen by most, and just hoping to one day be able to finally cross over. Then I realize that I won't have to face it alone, at least I still have my friends. I turn and face them, and we all leave the barn, the place of torment for us, together.
                                   The End


© 2016 Jenny Leigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm in love with how Tyler acted in the first paragraph. Like I stated in the previous chapter, I'm obsessed with these kinds of characters.

Nice plot twist at the end, by the way!
So, I have a question: were they dead the entire time we were reading, or were we actually going through the journey with Draven and the gang?

The ending was, in a way, a "happy ending," but I'm glad that you let the bad guys win. I don't like when stories that are supposed to be dark, end up having the "...and they all lived happily ever after" endings. That's actually something I'm struggling with with my novel. As much as I want all of my characters to have a happy ending after everything they've gone through, it would completely contradict the psychological/horror genres I've attached to it. So, it's not going to have quite the 'happy end' that they deserve...
Anyway... I'm getting off track now.

This was a great story that I'm happy I got the privilege to read. Wonderful job, Jenny, and I hope that you continue to share your writing with the world.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jenny Leigh

7 Years Ago

You were on the journey with them. I didn't know how it was going to end until I wrote it...lol
You handled the action well. That's something I have a lot of trouble with. It was a nice twist. I wasn't expecting it. Looking forward to more of your work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jenny Leigh

7 Years Ago

Yeah. The action is what took this chapter so long in getting finished. I kept rewriting because I d.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 26, 2016
Last Updated on September 30, 2016


Author

Jenny Leigh
Jenny Leigh

AL



About
I love to write a variety of genres. Especially within the horror/thriller line. more..

Writing
Mother Dear Mother Dear

A Chapter by Jenny Leigh


Best Friend Best Friend

A Chapter by Jenny Leigh