Shadows of Solitude

Shadows of Solitude

A Story by Jen Skinner
"

This is describing how I feel on a day to day basis.

"
"Shadows of Solitude" 11/24/2012
A soul that will never heal, a heart that has been shattered and disregarded, a body that has been exploited and abused, and a spirit that refuses to be broken by it all.
As I stand alone, I feel a s
trange sense of comfort in the silence and solitude that I have found myself confined to. For the familiarity of this reality I have experienced in this existence, in the course for which I have traveled has been cursed by adversity and sorrow. The seclusiveness and alienation has become the only concept for which I trust and understand. For it is the only thing I can depend on to stay true ad unchanging.
With the painful realization, that indeed I have locked myself in my own prison. That to which has ironically condemned me to the misery I have continually struggled to find release from, that I have so desperately desired. As I look around this prison of my own havoc and self destruction, only to realize that it is a labyrinth created by my own torment and misery. I'm alone, deserted and unaided to devise a way through this winding web of entanglement, conjured by haunting's of my wounded and aching past. Abandoned and unassisted, with just my instincts to guide me and my shadow as my only companion. For it is too late to turn back, I shall continue this journey toward the freedom of the peace of mind I have so longed for.
With evil lurking around every corner and demons cloaked and crouched in every shadow, I begin to recognize that I'm dealing with my own demons and facing that of my own evil. I then become aware that this dangerous and deadly conquest is mine alone to over come.
As I begin this venture forward, I commence to comprehend that in fact, this prison constructed maze I have built around me, is in all reality my own Hell. As I begin the search for my escape, I begin to analyze and evaluate the trapped and tormented souls, doomed to wander this place of torment for all eternity, for their time has ran out. This is what fears me the most. As I become more aware of this nightmare I have been damned to, I start to acknowledge the strategic design and logic in this plan.
With this realization, it was made clear that in order to survive and succeed this labyrinth of suffering, I must not conform to the acceptance of general society. For they are the blind leading the blind. As these are the weak-minded and timid souls, bound by their own invalidity and fear, forever void of the freedom and happiness they themselves have chosen to give up. For they have become more concerned with judging and criticizing others, they have lost sight of who they are and what they have become. For this; they have imprisoned themselves in their own misery for all eternity.
So I shall continue on my mission following the path I have set for myself with solitude as my companion. After conquering Hell and winning my freedom and happiness, I will know that the silent loneliness and alienation I have endured, would be the lesson that in the end would save me. -JS-

© 2012 Jen Skinner


Author's Note

Jen Skinner
This was the second piece I wrote so again excuse the grammar and punctuation.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jan
There is a sense of suffering, where a person lives with a past that hurts and haunts and a future that is bleak and uncertain.
But the awareness that it is created by the self- "I have locked myself", "maze I have built around me" is the beginning to finding ways to unlock this prison and find both freedom and happiness.
'A soul that will never heal, a heart that has been shattered and disregarded, a body that has been exploited and abused, and a spirit that refuses to be broken by it all.' Hats off to this spirit.Good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have rewritten this one and would like to share it and get your guys feed back on the rewrite, if possible.

Posted 11 Years Ago


what a deep strong write. well written and vocab is strong. So many favorite lines I have. Very clever wording Jen helluva job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jan
There is a sense of suffering, where a person lives with a past that hurts and haunts and a future that is bleak and uncertain.
But the awareness that it is created by the self- "I have locked myself", "maze I have built around me" is the beginning to finding ways to unlock this prison and find both freedom and happiness.
'A soul that will never heal, a heart that has been shattered and disregarded, a body that has been exploited and abused, and a spirit that refuses to be broken by it all.' Hats off to this spirit.Good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 15, 2012
Last Updated on December 15, 2012

Author

Jen Skinner
Jen Skinner

Houston, TX



About
I'm 29 years old and was recently diagnosed with PTSD. The doctor suggested I start writing as a means of therapy, I soon realized I had a talent for it and really enjoyed doing it. I mainly write cre.. more..

Writing
Awakening Awakening

A Story by Jen Skinner


Redemption Redemption

A Story by Jen Skinner