Meant To Kill

Meant To Kill

A Story by jumbie's #1 fan
"

A mysterious young man suddenly appears in a small town one night. Something about him is a little... less than human...

"

The night was dark, yet mystifying. Only a few street lights were lit, most of which looked like orbs of yellow floating in the mist. The streets were empty. No cars, no people. Only a stray cat, looking for a new meal. Well, there was also a young man with  pasty white skin. Dressed in a black turtleneck and black slacks, it was amazing he could be seen.

            The young man surveyed the small town with sparkling gray eyes shrouded in black eyeliner. His black hair was dark against his skin. He gazed down the street, looking for any sign of life, other than a feline, that is.

            “Hey you!”

            The young man stood still.

            “Turn around!”

            He stayed still.

            “I said turn around!”

            The young man closed his eyes. He could see the man standing about ten feet behind him, holding a rifle. A short, stocky, balding man. “As you wish,” The young man replied, voice ever so smooth. He slowly turned around.

            The little man glowered at the young man. “I’ve never seen you before,” he growled, holding his rifle steady.

            “My apologies. My name is Wesley. I'm new to this area.”

            “I'm Chuck. I take care of trespassers,” the little man said proudly.

            Wesley’s eyes flickered down the street. “Now Chuck, why would such an important man like yourself be wandering down a dark, empty street in the dead of night?”

            “Well, I—wait. What are you doing in an empty street?” Chuck asked accusingly. “You look like a college student.”

            Wesley laughed softly. “Indeed I am.”

            Chuck brandished his rifle. “Well, you should be going then.”

            Wesley looked Chuck in the eyes. “You know Chuck, I don’t think I'm ready to leave just yet.”

            The little guardian glared at him. “Around here, you children respect us elders. Now go.”

            Wesley smiled. You should go back to bed, little man.”

            Chuck’s face was turning purple. “Now look here, boy. You’re not in any position to be making demands. I believe I am the one with the firearm here.”

            He snickered. “I don’t think so.” He reached his arm out and made a swift motion, causing the gun to fly out of Chuck’s hands.

            “What the—how did you do that?” Chuck asked, eyes wide.

            “Just like this.” Wesley reached his arm out over a light about ten feet away, parallel to where Chuck stood. Using the same motion with his hand, the light mysteriously burned out. He turned and smiled at Chuck.

            “Who are you?” the little man asked in a terrified whisper, taking a step back.

            Wesley laughed silkily. “I told you. My name is Wesley. You see Chuck, the question is not who I am, but what I am.” His eyes flashed to blood red. His teeth sharpened to a point.

            Chuck’s eyes widened. “What are you?” he asked, barely audible.

            Grinning, Wesley looked over at the last remaining light on the street. “Three guesses,” he whispered back, as he flicked his wrist at the light, extinguishing it. “I'm thinking…a vampire?”

            Chuck’s only response was a bloodcurdling scream, and then sheer silence in the dark street.

            The vampire called Wesley licked his lips, erasing the traces of the little man’s blood. Gazing down at Chuck’s crumpled body, the vampire laughed. “Something tells me I'm going to like it here.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

            Sylvia Haven woke up that morning from a nightmare. In the dream, a dark figure had been following her. She couldn’t see its face, but something had been drawing her to it. Reaching up to uncloak her stalker, she woke up. She could hear her dad downstairs with the TV blaring.

            “God Dad, could that stupid TV be any louder?” Sylvia called loudly as she came down the stairs.

            “Shh,” her father Jeff said impatiently. “Look.”

            She followed his gaze to the TV. It was the local news.

            “Last night, the body of town guardian Chuck Landers was found in the middle of Oregon Street.”

            Sylvia gasped. “That’s only a block from our street!”

            Jeff nodded grimly. “I know. They won’t release any information about how he died. They just said he died from loss of blood. But they don’t explain how or what did it.”

            “Huh, that’s kind of scary, considering we live in such a small town. Now there’s a psycho killer running around? Great job moving us here, Dad,” Sylvia said sarcastically.

            “Hey,” Jeff protested, “you and I moved here because your mother thought you needed a smaller environment so you’d have to make friends or be completely bored out of your mind. That’s why she made you come live with me.”

            “I don’t see why she made me come here. I'm even more of a freak at this school than I was in the last school.”

            “Well, maybe if you weren’t so anti-social and into death so much, people would be scared of you and think you were a freak.”

            Sylvia rolled her eyes. “Just because I dress in black, obsess over vampires, and happen to listen to bands that are scary, does not make me a freak. I'm sorry that cheerleaders make me want to puke.”

            Jeff laughed. “Right. You’re perfectly normal.”

            She glared at him. “I have to get ready for school.” She stomped upstairs and shut her door. Putting on her clothes and doing her makeup, she stepped back to examine herself in the mirror.

            Sylvia was pretty. She had long black hair with white streaks through it. Her eyes were a golden brown and makeup was all black. She wore a black sweater and black leather pants.

            To her peers, she was the Goth of Lakewood Falls. People at school would make fun of her, or act scared of her. The guys were especially a nuisance. Because it was obvious she was gorgeous, they would hit on her. When she shot them down, their egos would take over and make fun of her. Talk about insecurity. Well, time to go, she thought ruefully.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

            The minute Sylvia walked into her homeroom class, a group of guys whistled at her. She rolled her eyes and slid into her seat.

            “Hey sexy,” one called Brian said to her.

            “Hi ugly,” she replied back.

            Brian leaned closer to her and said, “That’s not what you said to me last night.”

            Sylvia turned around. “Oh right. Because we were together last night. I was probably too busy puking to say anything to you, you disgusting pig.”

            Brian started to respond, but his buddy Eric cut in. “Don’t sweat it Brian. Goth girl here isn’t interested in anyone living. She needs herself a vampire. Like from that dumb books she reads. Twilight.” He wrinkled his nose.

            Sylvia rolled her eyes again. “Please, all the guys in those books are way more mature than you’ll ever be.”

            “Yeah, because they’re fictional,” Brian said smugly.

            “Hate to break it to you, Sylvia, but vampires aren’t real,” Eric added.

            “If only they were. Then I could have them take care of you little monsters.”

            Before either of them could reply, the bell had rang.

           

 

 

 

 

© 2008 jumbie's #1 fan


Author's Note

jumbie's #1 fan
i'm planning to make this a short story to keep adding to. depending on how well it's liked, i may turn it into a book. let me know what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it. write more! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


enjoyable. it's a little....cheesy(?) for my tastes but I still liked it.

p.s. I like cheese xD

Posted 15 Years Ago


WESLEY?! why juli why..... that name is the reason i dont like pricess bride as much as i should.... pick a better name

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


awesome mo


This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ooh, I like it, I like it!!! This is really great so far. You've captured my interest and I'd love for you to eventually turn this story into a book. Awesome work!!!

Heather

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 15, 2008
Last Updated on September 19, 2008
Previous Versions

Author

jumbie's #1 fan
jumbie's #1 fan

Norman, OK



About
All my life, writing has been the one thing I've been good at. Of course, that's an opinion, and it depends on your tastes. Throughout everything in my semi-short life, writing is the one thing that c.. more..

Writing
Home Home

A Poem by jumbie's #1 fan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..