AMIDST THE GIANT WAVE

AMIDST THE GIANT WAVE

A Story by Jess
"

tragedy of my life

"
                                    AMIDST THE GIANT WAVE
       [chapter 1]

    '''The day I thought that would be exciting became a tragedy that I would never want to reminisce again.But now I  found myself looking back to that darkest chapter of my life'''
      I grow up in an island,our house wasn't big,It had very thin walls made up of bamboo and wood.It was lighted by a kerosene lamp at night.My family did a couple of crossword puzzles together before we finally went to bed.There were the unusual sounds from outside the open windows,sounds of land and water.The chirping of birds and crickets,the little splashes from the bay---all of those sounds were an ordinary things for us.A deep blue ocean that was always changing and surprising,sometimes indistinguishable from the sky itself when it was gray and threatening.
      The distance of our school from our house is more than one kilometers and it took an hour to walk just to go to school.So I used to walked at five in the morning during school days for me to avoid from getting late.But it was dangerous for me to pass across a creepy bridge made of bamboo hanging above the deep flowing river.During rainy seasons,it was a risk to walk on a rocky and muddy road.Our school is facing the sea and the front part of it was sorrounded by a mangrove trees that serve as protection from hightide.
        As I entered  the gate of our campus,I saw my teacher who was the school publication head.She told me that she had chosen me as one of the representative of our school for the NEWS WRITING COMPETITION that will happen the next day.

© 2012 Jess


Author's Note

Jess
this is a true story of my life,that was happened way back my highschool years..please review this piece honestly.thank you;-)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

khicks,

Your story is well developed and filled with intrigue. Your vivid showing as well as telling makes it delicious. You hooked me with the first sentence: The day I thought would be exciting turned into a tragedy that I never want to reminiscence again.

Now I can't wait to continue on this journey into your life and find out what your tragedy is.

Except for a couple of grammar fixes you are well on your way with a great story.

Thank you for sharing this excerpt from your forthcoming short story or novel. I anxiously await the next chapter.

Cecil


Posted 11 Years Ago


I like how u painted the images with word in the second paragraph. I like reading short stories so I choose to read this for that reason. If this is chapter 1, I'm interest to read what happens in the next couple chapters.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jess

11 Years Ago

thank you sir jaykom...i already sent you a read request of the chapter 2 of my story,,hope you'll l.. read more
congrats,,,nice one,,,i think i will not write about my life because it was BORING!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jess

11 Years Ago

thanks;-)boring????i dont think so,,,make your life exciting...lol.
chuna

11 Years Ago

i do not want,,,it's unable to connect,,:D
Jess

11 Years Ago

hahahaha;-)
hey ... i love it... it seemed like a story in MMK.... LOL

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jess

11 Years Ago

thanks;-)
bryandc15

11 Years Ago

welcome....

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
4 Reviews
Added on November 19, 2012
Last Updated on November 21, 2012
Tags: faith in GOD, courage, experience

Author

Jess
Jess

Legazpi, Bicol Region, Philippines



About
AB JOURNALISM graduate Bicol University, Legazpi City Albay,Philippines Manunula/t. Paradox. Deep. more..

Writing
REGRETS REGRETS

A Poem by Jess