The Parable of  the Two Servants

The Parable of the Two Servants

A Story by jhenie326

One day, the master commanded his two servants to plant seeds while he was away.

One servant placed the command of his master to His heart and obeyed while the other servant only heard the words of His master and went on his own way.

The first servant, who loved his master more than himself, worked hard. Every day he planted seeds underneath the sun. Though sometimes he felt so tired, he never quit; he just took a rest and thought of his master coming back. There were also times when he got hurt because of stones, insects and other harmful objects but still he never gave up; he continued doing his master's command. He knew that someday all his hard work would pay off and his master would be pleased with him.

But the other servant, who loved himself more than his master, enjoyed the pleasure of the world. He thought that his master wouldn't know what he was doing. He used his freedom for his own sake. He put aside his master's command and followed his own will.

Many years passed; still the master did not come back. The faithful servant kept following him, bearing his master's promise, while the other servant wandered around the world.

One day their master appeared and was pleased when he found one servant in the field harvesting the crops but disappointed when he couldn't find the other one.

The master called the two servants and explained why he had been gone for such a long time.

He said that he built a beautiful home as payment for the service they rendered, and those who have been faithful would be with him, back on his property, in their new home.

So he asked them how good their harvest was.

The faithful servant happily announced that he had hundred fold of harvest every year while the other servant bowed down and asked for forgiveness because he had nothing for his master.

The master, who was just, rewarded the first servant and took him back to his land and gave him a new home but the other servant got nothing and was punished.

So let us remember to be like the faithful servant so that when our Master comes back, we will be rewarded and not punished.

Copyright@2010 by : Jenirose Sulit

© 2010 jhenie326


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Welcome to WC!
I'm going to give it to you straight, I think perhaps this needs to be stepped up a bit, there are a ton of amazing writers on this site and this sounds a little bit like a fairy tale. You've got a great idea, now expand your mind and go down routes you've never taken before!
Good luck!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Welcome to WC!
I'm going to give it to you straight, I think perhaps this needs to be stepped up a bit, there are a ton of amazing writers on this site and this sounds a little bit like a fairy tale. You've got a great idea, now expand your mind and go down routes you've never taken before!
Good luck!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

784 Views
1 Review
Added on November 5, 2010
Last Updated on November 7, 2010
Tags: Inspirational Stories, Parable, Christian, Story, Inspiration

Author

jhenie326
jhenie326

Taguig, Philippines



Writing