The Hiring

The Hiring

A Chapter by Jeremy Hiles
"

A young man is hired for a summer job at a pizzeria called "Freddy Fazbears Pizza".

"

It was summer of 1993.  I was looking for a summer job, so I was idly flipping through the newspaper looking for job advertisements.  There was the usual; plumber, electrician, bag boy at a local grocery store.  But there was one that caught my attention.  It was for a night guard position at a pizzeria that I had never heard of before, in the next county over, which would have been about a 25 minute drive.  The advertisement was as follows, “Help Wanted.  Night Guard position has recently been vacated and looking for a capable replacement.  $100.50 a week. Not responsible for harm to personal property.”  That last bit really intrigued me, but I figured it was referencing the fact that a robbery was a possibility and that the pizzeria did not want to be held responsible.  I decided to apply for the job that same day.

            

As I drove to the pizzeria, known as Freddy’s, I pondered the upcoming interview and the job requirements if I was accepted.  It seemed like a pretty good deal, just sit in a chair most of the night, and maybe walk around the place to check for intruders, not much to it.  Those were the thoughts running through my mind as I pulled into the parking lot.  I parked and hurried out of my car and across the lot.  There were quite a few other cars parked, and I could hear music and kids squealing from inside the building.  I opened the door and took it all in.  There were quite a few tables filled with happy looking kids and their parents, and there were presents stacked on the tables.  I guess a lot of kids are celebrating their birthdays. I thought to myself.  I walked down one of the halls, taking notice of the retro black and white tile pattern on the floor.  I passed by a large room, filled with more kids.  There was loud music playing and I could see three animatronic animals on a stage.  One was a bear, one was a chicken, and the other was a giant blue bunny.  The bear had a microphone in its hand, the chicken wore what looked like a bib that said “Let’s Eat!” and the bunny had a red bow tie.  Kinda creepy looking, but I guess the kids don’t mind it too much. I thought. 

           
I continued down the hall to the manager’s office and knocked on the door.  From inside, I could hear a muffled “Come in.”  I opened the door and was greeted warmly by a middle aged man with slightly messy hair.  He was wearing a t-shirt with a Freddy logo and the words “Let’s Party!” on the front.  
“Welcome to Freddy’s, please, have a seat and we can discuss your schedule.”  
“I haven’t even asked about a job though, how did you know?” I asked.  
“Well, most people who come back to me are either panicked trying to find their children or complaining about a mess they find in one of the party rooms.” he answered with a slight smile.  “So do you want the night guard job?”  
“Of course,” I answered.  “What are the requirements and guidelines?”  
“In terms of requirements, nothing really, just wear your night guard uniform and keep a flashlight with you.  Do you get scared easily from noises in the night?”  
“Not usually, why?”  I asked, slightly suspicious.  
“No reason in particular, just sometimes the animatronics will make noises during the night and wanted to prepare you.  There is no reason to be concerned about people breaking in during the night either.  Freddy’s has been in business for over 10 years and never experienced a robbery, so don’t worry about that putting you in danger.”  
“Well that is good to hear, a good track record definitely helps put me more at ease about the job.”  I replied.  
“Great, do you have any other questions?” asked the manager.  
“I don’t think so, other than what I will be required to do during the night when on my shift.” 
 “Aside from just being a night guard and keeping the place safe, I don’t think there is much else.  It will probably be a boring job for you.  I will get the previous night guard to leave you messages on the phone in the security office and explain in greater detail what you will be doing and how to make sure everything is secure through the night.”  
“Thank you,” I answered.  “I am looking forward to working here.”  “Glad to have you here.  You will get your first week’s pay at the end of the week.” 
 “Alright, thank you, I will just wait here until my shift starts, if you don’t mind.”  
“Not a problem, have a look around and enjoy.  Get yourself some pizza, on the house.”  He said.  
“Thank you, I appreciate it.”  I stood up, shook his hand and then headed back down the hall. 


© 2015 Jeremy Hiles


Author's Note

Jeremy Hiles
This is a fan fiction, what do you think about it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It sounds good so far ^^ it is very interesting that the job is at a pizzeria, is this how the game starts out? xD I also kinda chuckled with the random animals they picked to be on stage xD oh maybe you can say what the animals are doing, like if they are holding an instrument or what not, just to get a better picture of what they looked like. Other than that I think you are doing a good job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~*~Peace Keeper~*~

8 Years Ago

lol okie dokiez XD sounds like a nice way to spend your lunch break ^^ hope you have a good rest of .. read more
Jeremy Hiles

8 Years Ago

haha yeppers! XD thank you, you too!
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

8 Years Ago

^^ You're welcome, and thanks!



Reviews

It sounds good so far ^^ it is very interesting that the job is at a pizzeria, is this how the game starts out? xD I also kinda chuckled with the random animals they picked to be on stage xD oh maybe you can say what the animals are doing, like if they are holding an instrument or what not, just to get a better picture of what they looked like. Other than that I think you are doing a good job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~*~Peace Keeper~*~

8 Years Ago

lol okie dokiez XD sounds like a nice way to spend your lunch break ^^ hope you have a good rest of .. read more
Jeremy Hiles

8 Years Ago

haha yeppers! XD thank you, you too!
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

8 Years Ago

^^ You're welcome, and thanks!
I liked it. The descriptive words you used helped me visualize the inside of Freddy's. If anyone has ever played the game, they could even further fathom what the robots looked like. The only you should add is a description of what the manger looked like. I like to visualize the face of who's talking. Other than that I think you did a great job! Keep up the good work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jeremy Hiles

9 Years Ago

Glad you liked it! That is a good point, I will edit the story to include a description of the mana.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 25, 2015
Last Updated on July 22, 2015
Tags: Freddy, Fazbear, fan fiction, horror, terror


Author

Jeremy Hiles
Jeremy Hiles

Kathleen, FL



About
I enjoy reading and writing most all genres. I have written several short stories and am currently working on two books, as well as another story that very well could end up becoming a book too. I l.. more..

Writing