Broken Hearts

Broken Hearts

A Story by Jeremy Hiles
"

Fan fiction of Doctor Who.

"
The door creaked open and I slowly walked inside, sadly closing the door behind me.  I looked around the main control room of the TARDIS, bringing a flood of memories back.  I remembered all my travels with Rose Tyler, all the things we had seen, the places we had been.  The times we had battled Daleks and Cybermen, and one time both at once.  We had encountered many strange things over the couple years we traveled together.  I ran my hands through my hair, trying to push away the pain of the memories.  
I turned and climbed the stairs to the second level of the control room, trench coat flailing as I walked.  Even the TARDIS itself reminded me of Rose.  The first time we had faced the Daleks en masse, she had looked into the heart of the TARDIS and had briefly been given extraordinary power and knowledge.  I had to absorb it from her and put it back in the TARDIS in order to save her.  Another time we traveled to Earth far in the future and were nearly killed when the last "pure human" alive tried to take over Rose's body.  
I leaned on the railing, fighting back tears.  I kept thinking of Rose and how things could have been different.  The things that were left unsaid.  There was the time that we faced an alien who would steal faces from people, and even took Rose's face for a time.  Another time we faced malfunctioning microbots that were turning healthy people into mindless, gas mask wearing creatures.  That was one of the few times that no one actually died when we faced aliens of some type.  
With a sigh, I wiped the tears from my eyes and turned from the railing.  I walked down the hall of the TARDIS, and remembered the time Rose and I had faced aliens that were inhabiting the bodies of the dead, appearing to be ghosts.  And I remembered the day we had met, when I saved her from manikins that were attacking the city.  We had saved the city by defeating a plastic controlling alien who was intent on taking over London.  
Slowly, I continued down the hall.  Just thinking, reflecting.  Rose was in a better place now, or at least that is what I tried to convince myself.  She was reunited with her family.
I stopped and buried my face in my hands, sobbing.  The memories of the last time I saw her rushed to the forefront of my mind.  The Daleks and Cybermen had attacked, and in the process, they opened holes between dimension.  To defeat them, we opened a gateway to the dead zone between dimensions, but Rose was nearly pulled in and only saved at the last minute by her father, from another dimension.  
She was saved, but at the price of being separated from each other by the dimensions.  We couldn't travel back and forth for the risk of tearing holes in the fabric of time.  I found a small hole that was rapidly closing, and used a burning star to send a message through to her.  The hole closed before I could finish telling her "I love you".  So much left unsaid.  That was the day that my hearts were broken.

© 2015 Jeremy Hiles


Author's Note

Jeremy Hiles
This is a fan fiction about Doctor Who, which is an amazing show for those of you who may not watch it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I don't watch Doctor Who, but this sounds very interesting. I like how it focused on his memories, it leaves the reader wanting to know what happened to make him this sad and at the end you give them the answer, which is very nice. My favorite part of the whole thing was these lines, "I found a small hole that was rapidly closing, and used a burning star to send a message through to her. The hole closed before I could finish telling her 'I love you.' So much left unsaid. That was the day that my hearts were broken." This has a lot of emotion and imagery within these words, at least for me; however, the last sentence I think needs to be corrected, did you mean "that was the day that my heart was broken." Anyway, I like how you showed the reader the different adventures they experienced together because it shows how painful it was for him to lose her.

Good Job

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jeremy Hiles

9 Years Ago

haha, yep, he does! Though Rose was broken hearted too, so that's where the play on words comes in... read more
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

9 Years Ago

haha true xD that's what got me confused I guess when reading, but that's because I don't watch the .. read more
Jeremy Hiles

9 Years Ago

haha, not a problem! I am glad you enjoyed it even though you don't watch the show! Yes, those who .. read more



Reviews

I don't watch Doctor Who, but this sounds very interesting. I like how it focused on his memories, it leaves the reader wanting to know what happened to make him this sad and at the end you give them the answer, which is very nice. My favorite part of the whole thing was these lines, "I found a small hole that was rapidly closing, and used a burning star to send a message through to her. The hole closed before I could finish telling her 'I love you.' So much left unsaid. That was the day that my hearts were broken." This has a lot of emotion and imagery within these words, at least for me; however, the last sentence I think needs to be corrected, did you mean "that was the day that my heart was broken." Anyway, I like how you showed the reader the different adventures they experienced together because it shows how painful it was for him to lose her.

Good Job

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jeremy Hiles

9 Years Ago

haha, yep, he does! Though Rose was broken hearted too, so that's where the play on words comes in... read more
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

9 Years Ago

haha true xD that's what got me confused I guess when reading, but that's because I don't watch the .. read more
Jeremy Hiles

9 Years Ago

haha, not a problem! I am glad you enjoyed it even though you don't watch the show! Yes, those who .. read more
Although not a Doctor Who fan, I enjoyed this. You put a lot of emotion and meaning into this and its really good. I espcially enjoyed how, with each memory, it got harder for him to reign in the emotions. Well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jeremy Hiles

9 Years Ago

I am glad you enjoyed it! Thank you so much!
Great job! This is an accurate starters description of the Doctor Who series. You did a fantastic job on the emotions The Doctor fights within himself. I commend you on your writing skills. Keep up the good work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jeremy Hiles

9 Years Ago

Thanks Jesse! I am glad you liked it!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

564 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2015
Last Updated on March 26, 2015
Tags: sci-fi, reflection, hearts, Doctor Who

Author

Jeremy Hiles
Jeremy Hiles

Kathleen, FL



About
I enjoy reading and writing most all genres. I have written several short stories and am currently working on two books, as well as another story that very well could end up becoming a book too. I l.. more..

Writing