The Animatronics

The Animatronics

A Chapter by Jeremy Hiles
"

The newly hired night guard learns more about his responsibilities; and the animatronics.

"

I walked down the hall and to the front counter.  I got my pizza and was walking the halls as I was eating.  As I was walking past one of the rooms, I was surprised to see that it was empty.  Curious, I walked in.  One of the first things I noticed was that there was a stage at one end, with a sign on one of the curtains.  Walking closer, I could read the sign, which said “Out of Order”.  I walked closer and pulled back the curtain.  There was an animatronic fox with an eye patch and a pirate hook.  It apparently had not been out of order for very long, because there was almost no dust at all on it.  I guessed it would be fixed sometime soon, as it seemed like it was a popular attraction judging from the children’s drawings that were taped to the walls.  As a matter of fact, all of the animatronics seemed to be popular.  I gave the drawings one last look and then turned away and headed out the door. 

            

Continuing down the hall, I passed a room which was used to store spare parts for the animatronics.  There were extra arms, legs, a torso, and a few extra animatronic heads.  There were also scattered boxes filled with random animatronic pieces, such as fingers, hands, and eyes.  I left the storage room and found the security office that I would be working from.  It seemed like a fairly nice office.  I sat down at the desk and looked at the security cameras.  I could see every room in the building, with the exception of the kitchen.  The camera had apparently either been damaged or just malfunctioned and now it only registered the audio.   I sat there, just taking it all in for several minutes.  That was when I noticed the doors.  They were powered doors, and closed only from the inside.  Interesting.  I thought to myself.  I wonder why the doors are only controlled from inside.  Even security doors have some sort of control panel on the outside as well.  Oh well, I thought, it must be for security purposes, if someone broke in I suppose having a control panel on the outside would not be the best idea.  Still very….different.  Curious, I gave the doors a closer look.  As I peered at the shiny metal surface, I noticed that the paint had been scratched off from the outside in several places, and then attempts had been made to paint over it.  It must have been rubbing against the door frame each time the doors were opened and closed, they do seem to be older doors, but definitely more than enough to protect against any burglars. 

            

I turned back to the office and looked at the posters on the walls.  They featured the animatronics, though most of them were more cartoon-like, I guessed it was to appeal more to the children.  One of them even listed the names that had been given to each of the animatronics.  Of course there was Freddy Fazbear, who was the face of the franchise, then there was Bonnie the bunny, Chica the chicken, and Foxy the pirate, who was apparently out of order, at least temporarily.  Of all of them, I found that Freddy seemed the most child-friendly, while Foxy seemed to be downright creepy, with his big teeth, scary grin, eye patch, and pirate hook, I wondered why he seemed so popular.  It has got to be that hook, what kid wouldn't like seeing a pirate hook and then pretending he or she is a pirate?  I looked over my new desk and saw that I had some paperwork to fill out, mostly regarding my insurance, a disclaimer to remove any responsibility of the franchise for damage to personal property or physical harm, as well as various protocols and other things I needed to know for the job, like what to do if a child wanders away from their group, or if a child gets sick, or even goes missing.  After finishing the paperwork, I decided to take it to the office while I had time before my shift started.

           
 I gathered the papers and headed down the hall, checking in on the party rooms as I walked.  The rooms were still pretty packed, at least 15 kids and several adults in each room.  I walked back into the manager's office and turned in my paperwork.  “So what do ya think of the place?” he asked, “Have you been to your office yet?”  “Quite a place,” I answered, “the kids must love it here.  And yes, I just came from my office, definitely...cozy.”  “Haha, I can only assume you are referring to the security doors?  Rest assured, there is no reason you should need those doors, no one has broken in here before.”  “Yes sir I was, and that does help me feel better, I am curious though, why do the doors have the paint scratched off in places?”  “Well, we test the doors out multiple times a week to make sure they are in good working order so that in emergency, if needed, they won't fail just when you need them.” he replied.  “Oh, well that makes sense now, thank you.”  “No problem,” he said, “and by the way, here is your new uniform, complete with a badge and hat.  Now you will be official!”  as he was talking, he handed me a purple security uniform, with a gold colored badge, as well as a matching security hat.  “Oh, thank you, I will go change into this now.”  “Great,” he answered, “your shift starts at closing time, which is midnight, and goes until 6 A.M., so it isn't horrible hours once you get adjusted to it.”  “Great, thank you.”  I said as I shook his hand and headed out the door.


© 2015 Jeremy Hiles


Author's Note

Jeremy Hiles
Continuing fan fiction!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like how you had the character walk around and exploring the place, it gives more detail to the reader on how the place looks, and gets them curious along with the character why the doors are the way they are, though I do have a suspicion lol Anyway I enjoyed reading it ^^ I don't think I have any suggestions for this one.

Good Job

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jeremy Hiles

8 Years Ago

Haha well thank you! Yeah I wanted to be able to give the reader a mental picture of the establishme.. read more
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

8 Years Ago

^^ You're welcome! haha yeah I agree it draws the reader in more that way ^^



Reviews

I like how you had the character walk around and exploring the place, it gives more detail to the reader on how the place looks, and gets them curious along with the character why the doors are the way they are, though I do have a suspicion lol Anyway I enjoyed reading it ^^ I don't think I have any suggestions for this one.

Good Job

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jeremy Hiles

8 Years Ago

Haha well thank you! Yeah I wanted to be able to give the reader a mental picture of the establishme.. read more
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

8 Years Ago

^^ You're welcome! haha yeah I agree it draws the reader in more that way ^^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
1 Review
Added on May 6, 2015
Last Updated on July 21, 2015
Tags: horror, game, fan fiction, fiction, animatronics, Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, pirate, pizza, suspense, office, fan


Author

Jeremy Hiles
Jeremy Hiles

Kathleen, FL



About
I enjoy reading and writing most all genres. I have written several short stories and am currently working on two books, as well as another story that very well could end up becoming a book too. I l.. more..

Writing