How Can I Tell Her?

How Can I Tell Her?

A Poem by Jim Parson
"

Well, not really a poem, but...

"

How can I tell her how I feel?

How can I tell her that her face is ever present in my mind's eye?  That is where I seek her and her beauty overwhelms me.  I sit and stare at her for hours and cannot look away.  I suddenly gasp and draw a deep breath and realize that I've forgotten to breathe.  I'll notice that my heart is racing and I feel the flush in my face.  And then I stare at her again.

How can I tell her that I want to breathe her in and never exhale again?  I long to know her scent and to smell her on my clothing long after she is gone.  I need to breathe in her sweet breath moments before I taste it for the first time.  Just one breath and her aroma will be so familiar that every other scent will pale against her fragrance.

How can I tell her that she consumes me?  The fire in my soul yearns to burst forth from my lips and from my fingertips to inflame her passion.  She burns so brightly for me that the mere touch of her fingers would scorch my flesh and leave me in ashes, to be scattered at the will of her breath.

How can I tell her that my lips exist only to find hers?  The anticipation of true love's first kiss haunts my dreams, the first touch of tongue waiting impatiently in fantasy.  They seek her in dream and in caprice and when they find her there, they drink deeply.  These same lips that may utter nary a sound but to speak her name.


How can I tell her that it is more than my arms that are empty without her?  The softness of her body held close, the fullness of her breast pressed to mine, the merging of spirit with the merging of flesh, the sweetness of her touch at the back of my neck, the ecstasy of my fingers through her hair, every movement forming the chimera of my existence.

How can I tell her the depth of my desire?  Our bodies entwined so tightly, I cannot tell where hers ends and mine begins.  The touch of her velvet hand as she guides me to her, beseeching warm acquiescence and finding blessed penetration of body and soul.  The gentle motion beneath me, the most caring stroke above me, the tender embrace enfolding me and the sweet release of essence as one.

How can I tell her of the swelling of lust that overcomes me?  Raw, unbridled obsession igniting passion's flame, burning to the breadth and depth of my soul.  Desperate need surpassing want, intense heat overtaking warmth, teeth leave their mark, nails blaze a path, the furious piercing of engorged flesh by enraged longing, savagely driving to fierce crescendo and violent, convulsing eruption.  And in the quiet moments after contented collapse, I will love her.

How can I find the words to make her come to me?  I have nothing to offer her but would give her everything.  She is destined to step from my fantasies.  And when she does, what will I say to her?  I know not the words, except for these…

I love you twice as much as I did yesterday.  And yesterday, I loved you so very much.


Published 2009 in Dear Fantasy Girl...
Copyright 2009 by Lyle James Parson II

© 2011 Jim Parson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm thinking you'd have no trouble telling at all. Nice job! You moved me. I keep coming back to your poem because it makes me hopeful that someday, I'll have someone who'll love (and long for!!) me this much. You make me smile every time I read it. Thanks! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Wow, such a astoundingly beautiful write...So romantic and genuine...amazingly done...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Breath-taking! Each and every words was filled with romance and love! Well written! Keep On Writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hauntingly beautiful, passionate and honest. There's such longing in this and the read was incredible. Wow. She's a lucky one to have someone think of her this way. How can you tell her? Just give her this. It pretty much says it all. A very nice write. Holy cow.

Posted 13 Years Ago


u ended that perfectly!! ...weird how u write this then u write horror lol. well i never read ur horror so i cant say anything yet!! maybe its LOVE HORROR MWAHAHAHAH!! .....

poem / essay ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well I am usually not one for sappy love poems....and was so happy to see this wasn't one of them....this was just simply; beautiful.....any woman would be lying if she said it didn't melt her heart to hear these words because as you read them a voice appears...or at least it did for me....bravo.....

Peace
Robin

Posted 13 Years Ago


Women are addicted to love and romance offer that and they will never turn you down
tate Very nice and truth is always the bet in writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. Beautifully written, and the contrast to your other work is very cool. A very good piece of work. Two thumbs up for the last line =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


the last line was like cherry on a sundae! how can you tell her? hmmmmm - words with deeds are the seeds for fruitful gardens....i felt your heart and mind intertwine...a beautiful write....

words without deeds are like a garden full of weeds :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


OMG! How can you tell her? Well if the words you have written on this is any indication I would say you have the most fantastic feelings/imagery I have ever read. This was absolutely fantastic. Your words made me actually tear up there for a moment.. May I say BRAVO? For that's what this was.

Mags xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


beautiful write, i loved it. my favorite lines:

"I love you twice as much as I did yesterday. And yesterday, I loved you so very much."

great job! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3282 Views
78 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on January 6, 2011
Last Updated on December 16, 2011

Author

Jim Parson
Jim Parson

Los Angeles, CA



About
I have been a banker for the past 28 years, but my dream has always been to write. I thought maybe it was time to give it a try. I don't think I'm the greatest writer, but I think I can tell a prett.. more..

Writing
Glow Glow

A Story by Jim Parson


6 Weeks 6 Weeks

A Story by Jim Parson



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Checkmate Checkmate

A Poem by OT