The three paragraph challenge

The three paragraph challenge

A Story by Jared
"

As a challenge to get my creativity flowing again, I wrote a short story in one paragraph, another in two paragraphs, and another in three. These are just exercises, but I hope you'll enjoy them.

"

A one paragraph story:


There were once two cats named Fili and Kili and they loved treats. One day, they decided to tear through the entire apartment looking for treats. They found a lot of neat things, like pillow stuffing, and toilet paper, and electrical cords that were fun to chew on! But no matter where they looked, they simply couldn't find any treats. Finally, their owner came home and saw what a mess they made. “My, what a mess you have made! Why would you do this?” Fili and Kili, just being cats, meowed.


A two paragraph story:


“Connor, can you please go over to the counter and get the glue out for everybody? Thank you Connor. Oh what's that Sherry? No, last time you got the glue, you took all the lids off and set them upside down on the desks. I know you're sorry, no, I'm not changing my mind.”

“Principle Hamrest, good to see you. No sir, I'm afraid I can't help with car line next week because I have to take my mother to her physical therapist. Oh she's doing much better thanks. No, why would she be dead? No sir, I haven't been using her as an excuse to get our of car line for the last four years.”


A three paragraph story:


I'm not the sort of person who's good with this thing. Once, I threw a man through a wall before he could say, “Ooof.” If I'd had to give that man a menu and politely ask him if he's ready for his drink order or not, he would have had the upper hand. How does a two-time middle weight boxing champion get reduced to being a waiter?

It starts with who you trust. If a person is a moron, no matter how long you've known them, or how good of friends you are, they are still that same moron. And even if you save that man's life from pigs in a petting zoo, does he owe you something? Or was your good deed an act of charity, and he owes you nothing?

Well, that's how my friend thought. He thought he'd be my best friend, start managing my career, convince me to put all my accounts in his name so I'd be safe if anyone ever came after me. He also thought that he would start making and selling meth in his basement. Now the feds have his meth and my money and I've got this job. Great.

© 2014 Jared


Author's Note

Jared
A good challenge if you want to get yourself started for a period of writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on May 16, 2014
Last Updated on May 16, 2014
Tags: shortstory, story, cat, cats, treats, teacher, school, students, boxer, friend, mistake

Author

Jared
Jared

TN



About
I'm rather unassuming, and I haven't written much of anything for years. I'm going to try and change that, and I hope to learn and grow. more..