Neuro-Politics

Neuro-Politics

A Chapter by Jostein Kasse

I believe people make the mistake of immediately transposing their own environments onto other environments. That is their environmental-physiological conditioned perceptual-set carries over. The neuron is an analog representation processor, never precise, objective, or absolute in correlation. With stimuli, the nearest pre-existent "sounds like" circuit may activate because the language employed seems similar.

The time it takes to "get it" is the time it takes to wire.

I see Liberalism and Conservatism in America to be like seperate religious bands, like Hinduism and Islam are seperate religious bands, and some people are reared in one band, and some people in another, and the two disagree, sometimes to the point of detestation.

Being an individual brought up outside of those US bands my own interpretation of Liberalism-Conservatism is neurological and behavioural. A kind of fight-or-flight response of the autonomic nervous system.

Liberalism - future, move forwards, advance.
Conservatism - past, caution, retreat, preserve.

A US Liberal will totally reject conservatism on the one hand, but may also be against; novel ideas, reject evolutionism, and be conservative with regards to religious faith, like Christian fundamentalism. Liberal states will fly flags over their towns and cities, will line the streets with flags on certain designated days, and the schools and universities will sing the national anthem. The Liberal citizen will click their heels and say "Yes sir" to authority and the establishment and its wars without question and yet wholeheartedly may believe they are antagonistic towards "patriotism". While this may seem confusing to a European thinker it becomes totally understandable to the world-view of an American. The subjective neuronal-semantic application to the term differs, in America I think patriotism may be associated with their history and the values of freedom.

The value of freedom in the US has become neurologically entwined with guns which seems totally horrifying to a freedom loving European liberal like myself, but I agree with the values of being free from state tyranny, control, and oppression. Liberationism over authoritarianism. The US Liberals are against freedom of speech, which seems like British Conservatism, and also like British Conservatism the US liberals would like to close down thinking. Free-thinking and free-speaking seem to be allowed in European liberal thinking as does a healthy antagonism to war.

A US Liberal can become like an FBI agent from the 1950's if one talks European standard leftist ideas, this means an absolute authoritarian NO to the point of excuse valued fatalistic determinism, and yet they can simultaneously maintain they share the values of world communism which without travelling abroad and physiologically adapting neurons amounts to mysticism and narcissism, wishful thinking, and a kind of availability heuristic.

The more travelled a person, the more one experiences the individual relativity of countries and cultures, and it would seem myopic and a betrayal to a visited country to only see one's own country and culture in foreign people, towns, cities, landscapes etc. That doesn't mean there may not be somethings that can be seen as similar, or that if different one should be disrespectful. Different doesn't mean one must attack. H. Sapiens have species traits, regional traits and individual personality traits. The words "foreign" and "immigrant" are neutral and the vessels of these words need filling with positive values. US movie antagonists can often be foreign accented and many US Liberals apply a negative semantic value to the word "foreign". I've even seen a US Liberal leader like Mrs Clinton attribute a negative semantic value to the word "foreign".

It becomes difficult for me to support communities wherever communities have become anti-foreign, anti-immigrant, or/and are intolerant to the new learning that foreign cultures bring. The world does not collapse with the introduction of novel ideas, on the contrary, this made Britain. The Americans seem deeply fearful of foreigners for their political ideas, and then, at least in my case, have used the foreign individual to move structure to reinforce and confirm those fears. It seems a kind of stupidity to me when people go out of their way to engineer and manipulate events to confirm base biases and prejudices, but people do not like to be wrong, they like to say, "I always knew I was correct," even if they were wrong and with this, governments "plant," and the theologically inclined declare, "It was God's plan". Americans seek to make atheists believers through socially engineering events, like coincidences, so as to confirm their theistic world-views.


© 2019 Jostein Kasse


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Author's Note

Jostein Kasse
Will edit when I can get phone charge.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on April 19, 2019
Last Updated on April 19, 2019


Author

Jostein Kasse
Jostein Kasse

United Kingdom



Writing
Hulk Hulk

A Chapter by Jostein Kasse