I'm a One Man Party

I'm a One Man Party

A Story by The Watcher

When I play, sleep, talk, eat, or do anything else in my life, most of the time it's by myself. You could say I'm alone in life without many friends (if any at all). Every now and then I'll encounter a situation where a new friend is made. But... over the course of a few months, these friendships either end abruptly in a disagreement, or they slowly fade out due to a lack of investment. The end results are always the same either way: No friends or "friends" I rarely talk to. Life goes on, and I remain alone in the moment. Never noticed, never appreciated, and never seen in a positive light. I'm not that depressed over it though, because I am so used to it. So used to the pain, so used to the hatred. The only friends I've met and managed to somewhat keep are the friendships made online. Not that I've ever met any of these people in person before, but hey, I probably never will anyways. There's no point in moping over something that's never going to change, so I don't feel too bad about being alone anymore. I've begun to believe that friendship and love just aren't meant for some people. Sure, feeling lonely sucks a ton, but it's a fact of life I have to deal with. I'll probably be lonely for a long time, perhaps even forever, but I'll make the best of things.

One fate out of trillions.
One life out of billions.
One man out of millions.
One desire out of thousands.
One pain out of hundreds.
One regret out of tens.
One belief...

Are we... cursed?
Cursed to forever remain a one-man-party?

© 2014 The Watcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes loneliness sucks. it's good to have a friend, confidant, someone to share a joke with. but, as an Arabic saying says: loneliness is much better than bad company.
good little write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


And with a celebrated pen, he tells
Of secret passion, of the heart it swells
Nothing but a sizzling, aching fire
Could find release of such burning joy

Posted 9 Years Ago


I really liked the end, makes one think.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I just wish there was something I could do that would make it better...

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 13, 2014
Last Updated on July 13, 2014