see no evil hear no evil say no evil

see no evil hear no evil say no evil

A Story by jodi sharp

Kristin stood alone on the top floor of the Grandville high school, looking over to railing that separated the top floor and a very painful  fall. Kristin was the girl who talked to her self so she would stay out of her own head. She walked around the school with a smile but at the same time every thing felt so unreal because the things that mattered to all them didn’t matter to her. She couldn’t wait to get out of hear and start her journey to becoming some one she could love. Kristin walked down the hall to her locker, and as she did so many times she stood and studied the group of friends gathering toward the each other. She didn’t get it. It doesn’t matter what friends you have or what you are now. Because in the end you are not going to have any of that.  People at a view could not differ her to any other  girl, and most the time people would not give her credit, because the down side to Kristin.

  • she was whinny
  • she over thought things
  • she wasn’t very pretty or organized
  • She argued to much
  • She was over sensitive.
  • She could not think good of her self she made average grades she thought bad of her self, she at times can be judgmental she is an all round bad person     (well the last ones what she thought of her self )
  • She complained to much          

A part of her didn’t get it. People get vexed at her because of those things but people don’t like perfect. So is it not just one big contradictions .

Kristin was now 18, never really hade a boyfriend. She was not happy with her self

“ over sensitive and whinny those are the things I,ll fix about myself”, Kristin spoke out loud with no one there. “God, every ones already left.”

Kristin promised ms. Andrews she lock up for her, teachers loved her. Carrying a load of books she walked to the door of her 5th period reading teacher. She walked in and laid her book on the metal desk ms. Andrews loathed. She stood very still looking over to her desk remembering.

 

“Hey Kris what up”, yelled a bright smiled girl, one of  Kristin’s very few friends

“you want believe this. I got asked by the most drop dead gorges guy ever.

“cool…..”, Kristin did not really care at all but she always did a great job of pretending she did, she want lie it would be nice to have been asked out, but come on it’s not that important. Now if she said something like I won a art contest, not only would she be happy, but a bit jealous.

Kristin sat down and as usually did not pay the teacher any mind.

“Kristin the teacher snapped will you put that up. With out a word Kristin put down her book of poetry and stared a the lady. While doing this a boy was reaching down to pick up her book of poems. Later that day the same girl from before was once more running down the hall to Kristin.

“ Kris, Kris, you uh want uh believe this uh.”

“What now” Kristin asked not in the mood.

“some one got a hold to your writings”

“oh ok who has them, completely calm.”

“Marshal yep yep him come one hurry”, she said pulling Kristin by the arm.

“God what’s the big deal”, she didn’t care about this at all the only thing that bothered her was she wanted her poems back.

 

Kristin walked out of the room and down the hall pass miss. Franks office. She was the vice principle.

 

“Hello Kristin come in”, smiled a lady with  a “busy” shirt.

“Um.. hello ms. Frank, why did you call me in today?”

“well this is something a bit, wow. You see some of the girls, your fellow class mates came to me with something”

Oh god  

“They are some of your poems. Well they concern me very much so. They are very un normal. Some of the kids think you are dangerous. And I think that you should go out of school for a while taking some….mental help. Do you under stand what I’m saying ?”

No! no I don’t this is stupid I’m not going to hurt anyone. How dare you, thos stupid girls, I hate them. I HATE THEM!

“Yes, yes I do understand.”

 

Kristin walked by the office, and then down the reflected floor of the main hallway, she then dropped a binder, with all her pictures from her locker in it. She bent down to pick up a picture of her and her mother. She loved her mother she was nice and cool. But her mother put her thru a lot  in a little amount of time. See what her mother didn’t know is that she planed to come back from her vacation and have the best year ever, her mother said she was always negative, but she made her that way. She also said that she always talked to Kristin, but Kristin was  scared of her mother at times, and couldn’t talk to her.

 

Kristin walked up the walk way to her house, she began to wipe her eyes of tears. “Why did I cry I’m stupid, I’m going to get in there and she is going to ask me whats wrong. Then I will tell her, she will be made, and yell and cues at me.” Kristin opened the door to her mother running around the house getting ready for work.

“What you doing mom?”

“Nothing, have you been crying, what’s wrong, your eyes are red?”

hear we go

“I’m fine.”

“Ok.”

“Mom?”

“WHAT don’t start with me.”

I knew it

“I wasn’t going to say anything about that.”

“Ok, why have you been crying.”

“I have just been felling a little down to day, a little scared , but I’m ok.”

“God Kris, why do you have to be so dame negative all the time?”

Kristin did not blame her mother for those moments, Kristin thought she was just stupid sometimes and she deserved her mothers yelling. The thing that really got Kristin is that she believes, that her mother thinks she never dose anything wrong as a mother. And believe you me no one is perfect. Her mother yells to much, breaks promises, and drags Kristin way to much in to her life. But never once, has Kristin’s mother came up to her and said, “yes I’m wrong.” That’s just might be the reason why Kristin thinks she is a selfish, stupid, girl who makes to many mistakes, because no one took the time to tell Kristin she was right, and some one else was wrong.

 

Kristin felt like she was in no mans land all over again. She walked thru the halls, felling her own foot steps. She felt some regret that she had not acted as much as a teenager as she could have. But even thru the times where she was picked on an kick when she was down, she felt proud even thru pressure

 

 

“Take a drag, come on it is sexy, we can have fun.”

Kris looked down at the burning paper filled with cancer ,

he is so beautiful, so sexy, I want that so bad.

“Do you want me to touch you Kris?”  
 Kristin still did not answer. She looked at him with passion, with out thinking she ran her hand down him.With in moments Kris was on the bed out of breath.

I want to be a bad girl, im sick of being so nice. I want to-

“God.”

“you like it”

“yes, your great I want this but no wait no, stop, stop it!”

 

Kristin hade not hade sex that night, nope, but  she still wished she hade, sometimes

But she hade regrets, sometimes.

 

“Why, why must you have such a stick up your butt?

“I just don’t want to go. I mean come on. You snick out, to go hang out with a bunch of pricks and Barbie’s who are going to trash some kids house and get totally drunk out of there minds, with a substance that every one loves but taste like a  houses saliva.

“well it is part of being a teenager, I know it’s partly stupid, but you cant spend the last year of high school, not living it up. Come on you don’t have to drink.”

“No and I mean it, leave this house, and go to the party!”

“Fine, I understand if that’s not what you want you don’t have to, but you will wish you hade when you finally catch up with your real age. What will it be next year, the big 1-8 or the big 3-0?”

 

Kris had some doubt about if that was right. Yes, yes it was partly. She wouldn’t of hade fun and come on truthfully it’s stupid. But she had regret for the fact that she hade not acted like a teenager.       

 

 

Kris took one last look around the school she could hear faded memories like footsteps, on an empty hallway.  Some times she wondered if her regret matched her pride. It was a draw. Not even herself could overrule her own thoughts, it was like a civil war in her own brain.

Kristin finally took the last glance at her biggest achievement or her biggest mistake.

© 2008 jodi sharp


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Jodi.
I see a really good story here. I wish you would have went into what some of the poems said. Writers often write things they would never do. I would go through every line with a spell check..make it cleaner. You have the core of a longer story, a very good one. I don't think you want to end it where you did. You set up your character perfectly. Make people like her. I mean the reader. We all feel confused and alone, different from the crowd. Give this story deeper thought. I think it could be really good. Rain..

Posted 16 Years Ago


There are some minor spelling and grammatical errors, but this piece is overall good. I feel that it's too short (unless you're not intending to expand this). But I love it, especially the realistic relationship with the main character and her mother.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 21, 2008
Last Updated on April 23, 2008

Author

jodi sharp
jodi sharp

NC



About
*thought i start of with some quotes no one who knew me as a child thought i would become a successful adult.--- laurie anderson The work of one author or artist may stimulate another author or arti.. more..

Writing
humore me humore me

A Poem by jodi sharp


so bad so bad

A Poem by jodi sharp