lines

lines

A Poem by Hatchling

Do you people know that there is a line

between us all?

When will you understand that there

is also a line when there is a heartbreak?

When will you people understand that there is a line between words and wounds?

 

When you say something about somebody does it ever occur to you that the persons heart is breaking because of you?

When are you ever in their shoes never!

before you open your mouth try to look into their eyes and see that there is pain inside of them.

 

Lines can go anywhere and at any place.

Draw a line between your words and their wounds.

© 2013 Hatchling


Author's Note

Hatchling
I got the inspritation from a kid at school.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can feel the emotion in the poem vividly, I like your comparison to a line.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hatchling

11 Years Ago

Thanks
i agree with what you say. some people are just too self-absorbed to think about anybody but themselves.

Posted 12 Years Ago


well thought out and meaningful illustration of the scars words can leave~

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting write - our words always have consequences, so we should think before speaking or writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


interesting write... leaves me thinking

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the concept of the golden rule and empathy behind this piece. It's deeply moralistic and effective, a message that is clear. I find the idea behind the expression 'a line between words and wounds' very valuable.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You make an interesting point with this, our actions and words always do make an impact, but not always a good one. Nicely done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


We all draw the lines, and often forget how much pain our line drawing can cause, maybe we draw lines to minimize our own wounds. You have given me something to ponder.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on October 24, 2013

Author

Hatchling
Hatchling

MD



About
I am a female. if you want to know anything about me just ask. I will not answer any inappropriate questions. I love making new friends. I also like getting reviews and giving reviews. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aikido Aikido

A Poem by Robin


Haiku Haiku

A Poem by Pax Analog


Silent Haiku Silent Haiku

A Poem by Robin