Why You Gotta Move That Cheese

Why You Gotta Move That Cheese

A Story by jonnyraxa
"

I was unfortunately inspired into writing this because of some close people in my life who hated the idea of any sort of change. Changes are what makes a successful company/community.

"
Over a year ago the director of my team read us a book called "I Moved Your Cheese." by Deepak Malhotra

I can't remember all the details, but what I do remember was the main point of it all. To put simply: 

YOU MAKE THE CHANGE (you move the cheese).

In other words, instead of adapting to the world, create something yourself, make something better, invent something new. 

The money makes and leaders of the world are the ones who are proponents and promoters of change.

YOU lead society when you learn to create changes rather than allowing change to happen to you. 

Now, you can also resist change... 

Those who resist change are doomed to the ultimate failure:

NEVER TRYING.

For instance, I know of a few, much older parents who cannot, for the life of them, take advice and guidance from others. Things that have been tried and tested to be true are outright ignored. Instead, they are "set in their ways" and became bitter, angry people at their older years when anything new comes around. 

Their ideas of these subjects may have gotten them by, but they didn't benefit from the happiness, joy, and growth of change. 

Their habits of resisting the ability to change never allowed them to develop that inner peace. Instead, change is chaos. It's like using your muscles. If you never allow them discomfort, they don't develop, they just dwindle and die.

In contrast, those who become leaders, mentors, and overall lively people, are those who continually understand that change and growth are what keeps us humble and alive.

Think about moving your "cheese" in your company, club, or community in every way possible. Don't allow a setback to keep you where you are and don't allow the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" mentality to be the driving force of your reality.

You are so much better than that. Once again, instead of adapting to the world, create something yourself, make something better, try stuff, test stuff, and invent something new. 

Will you allow life to happen to you, or will you make things happen for your life?

Now, go out lead a life of growth and prosperity, because you created it.

© 2019 jonnyraxa


Author's Note

jonnyraxa
I'm trying to make this simple to read with an easy flow. My aim is to influence with as little words/description as possible using stories and personal examples. My audience focuses on all people!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on February 15, 2019
Last Updated on February 15, 2019
Tags: changes, self-help, company, personaldevelopment, development, change, bethechange, growthmindset, makingchanges

Author

jonnyraxa
jonnyraxa

SAN FRANCISCO, CA



About
The day was May 12th – sometime in the early 1990s. A child was born – one of many. There was absolutely nothing in particular about this child that was amazing. No special abilities, no u.. more..

Writing
Never Enough Never Enough

A Story by jonnyraxa