The Eternal Tulip

The Eternal Tulip

A Poem by Jonathan Bryant Dean

 

The resurrection of once deadened bulbs,
Now Tulips appear with a visual clarion blast.
The announcement of spring is here at last!
A reminder of death that gained a new life.
Last years tulips died but did not disappear,
Death was but a brief sleep for the bulbs.
Now even the atheist, the Jew and The Arab,
A Pagan Priestess or Egyptian with a scarab,
Even one with no belief of any higher power,
Can find some joy from that one little flower.
The clarion vision, the sight that blasts your eyes
the scent of the flower explodes into silent skies!
If there were a sound that expresses the glee:
 The deaf can now hear and the blind can now see!

© 2009 Jonathan Bryant Dean


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You make it seem so easy, that all can see Beauty for what it is. Mr. Dean you have written a great piece. I am a believer. Keep writing, I wish to see more. Thank you

Sheer Terror

Posted 7 Years Ago


beautiful poem indeed... good job

Posted 10 Years Ago


so much truth in this =) i hope to see more wonderful poetry by you soon

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a beautiful and joyful poem. I enjoyed how you mentioned that anyone can find beauty in such simple things.

Posted 11 Years Ago


very joyful & the ending has a wonderful faith.

Posted 14 Years Ago


what a beautiful image this poem portrays of a flower resurrected, and that being said--it has a spiritual depth to it as well. my favorite stanza is the last, with the sight that "blasts your eyes" and the exploding scent of the flower. great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


A good poem. You expertly capture the image of a budding tulip. It's nice to pay attention to the beauty of simple things once in a while.

The rhythm is good, it flows quite well.

The rhyme is good but might be more effective if made you made it consistent throughout the entire poem instead of deviating in the first stanza.

Your language use is simple and clear and yet descriptive enough to create some appealing imagery.

Good work. Keep it up.


Posted 15 Years Ago


I just kind of stumbled on this one, I like it mostly for the title I guess, the eternal tulip brings to mind all sorts of strange contradictions, including one occasion in my youth in which I procured a tulip from my mothers garden to give to a girl i was madly in love with only to get caught up in a wind storm on my way to school that as you might guess promptly divested said tulip of all its petals. In any event, tulips are fragile in the short term-- everlasting in the long term. i like it.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1780 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2009

Author

Jonathan Bryant Dean
Jonathan Bryant Dean

Middletown, OH



About
Jonboy may make you mad, but at least he has made you think. "If you get mad, that means that you have an opinion, if you have an opinion, at least you have some conscious thought."--JonBoy There on.. more..

Writing