Time

Time

A Poem by Jonathan Bryant Dean

As Time goes by we know, we’ve less left know than when we first begun.
Time goes so slowly when we are young, but now it flies away.

As time goes by we learn, best years of our life are the ones to come.
As children we are so immortal, the facts of life didn’t get in the way.

So now that we have aged, let us still retain a touch of immortality,
With what have learned, imagine what dreams we can attain today,

Remember today as you go, for if time flies now at our middle age,
Time still will seem so slow, as it flies away, it will still fly away.

© 2010 Jonathan Bryant Dean


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There is so much ower in the small amount of words. I am jealous of your ability to touch someones heart and leave them wanting more. I'm definitely going to go read more of your work. Thank you for sharing your poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I really love this poem, everyone can relate to it. Good work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Hi I really liked the way this was laid out, The way the young and the old is mixed together, Time goes so slowly when we are young but now it flies being an example. Clever work sir. Time has so much influence over us these days we are all rushing trying squeeze 25 hours in to a day but Time is the most valubale thing we can give someone whether they be old or young and i think that comes across in your peice.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow this is really good I like it maybe not the content however it is important I like it in the sense that I like you have wrote this and the way you have but the topic is very unpleasant but pleasant to read about and stuff like most of the stories I read are about death is some way like this but I get enjoyment out of them I love it thank you9 for sharing this with us.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nice poem. I like it a lot :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


very well written poem :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


First thing I have read by you in years and It was refreshing

Posted 10 Years Ago


a very good poem on the cutenity of time

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is a decent prose poem.
Except the ending to me is redundant and unnecessary.
Word choice is spectacular though.
Try eliminating the use of the word "time" so much and paint the image differently that way

Hope this helps and happy trails! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good read, alot of thought and pondering was clearly involved.
I like it's sober tone and really appreciate the depth behind the simple words.
Good one Bryant. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3579 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 30, 2010
Last Updated on March 30, 2010

Author

Jonathan Bryant Dean
Jonathan Bryant Dean

Middletown, OH



About
Jonboy may make you mad, but at least he has made you think. "If you get mad, that means that you have an opinion, if you have an opinion, at least you have some conscious thought."--JonBoy There on.. more..

Writing