I Am the Enemy

I Am the Enemy

A Story by jonnicorn
"

Story told from the point of view of high school antagonists.

"
How do things like this always happen to me? You might be asking "What in the hell are you talking about Mackenzie?" Trust me I barely know what's going on now a days for some reason some stoner is stalking my friend and that's not even the worst part.

Okay so I'll start by saying this I'm a cheerleader for Howard High School. I'm kinda a big deal you know, but that's like, not the point. Let me tell you something, with social power comes social responsibility, which means nobody should mix, not in like, a racist way though. It's kinda my job to keep A/V club dorks in the A/V room even during lunch.
But the A/V club is not the problem, the problem is the three people who are gonna mess all my hard work up. Gregory who is a total pothead and he is not the most difficult to handle, he's practically never conscious anyhow he just keeps bothering my best friend, Melanie, who is also the co captain of the cheer squad, then there's David who is my boyfriend and the running back for the football team (I know running back isn't usually what cheerleaders go for, but David isn't totally brain dead like Greg. I mean he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer either. That's beside the point. Was there a point ? Oh yeah , my main concern is the love child of Kiss, Lady Gaga, Satan , a mentally unstable vampire.

Anyway she is the main problem because she is tutoring David. I mean couldn't he have just failed like everyone else. And adding to that they are always laughing. Like what in the hell is so funny. I mean I know what you're saying, "Mackenzie you're so beautiful and cool why do you need to worry about that eyeliner drowned girl?"

The answer is we used to be acquaintances before I lost weight got skin cream and joined the Cheer team. Anyway, she has hated me ever since I dropped her like a orange designer Patti Bin clutch in the middle of winter.

Just saying but I'm gonna give myself a pat on the back for that analogy.

Most of the crap that's been going on started about a month ago. Since I have the attention span of a fly I will just tell you about today and all days following until I get tired of this.
So we were at lunch by we I mean my squad and I had lunch while the rejects fought for our scraps. Not literally, but close enough. Anyway, I look over and see Gregory laughing with that weird half smile he gives when he is half awake and half stoned. I could tell Melanie was laughing along out of pity. It was horrifying, I nearly broke my neck speed walking to interject the conversation. I look at Melanie and her smile fades and she gives me a help get him away look. Then I look at Gregory. His eyes were blue and not as bloodshot as they usually were, he must hadn't smoked during gym class like he usually does.

"Hey, one man Bob Marley concert move before you give us a contact high," I said placing my hand on the wall between them to protect Melanie from his disturbing stare.

He looked at me and laughed adjusting his green knit beanie"You aren't foolin' anyone. You're just as messed up as the rest of us," I was thrown what did he mean by that.I wasn't trying to fool anyone. Who was he to say anything anyway. You see me and Gregory were always mortal enemies since we were in third grade and he denied breaking my glasses. I mean I don't need them anymore, but I still hold a grudge like a menstruating devil elephant.

"Melanie you really need too stay away from him. If you get too close I'm gonna have to check you into rehab," I said laughing at my joke. Melanie laughed, it didn't sound legit so I changed the subject.

"So what are you doing this weekend. I was totally thinking we could hit the mall," I said still getting a blank stare. Then I jokingly said "you could help me look for sexy underwear. I'm thinking about wearing them for pajama day," she looked at me and laughed, she loved when I joked around.

"You're so wierd, Mac," she said laughing I was still wondering what was on her mind.

We got to the table and lunch went on. A nerd tripped over a basketball players three foot leg, the squad and I put things in some girls hair... now that I think about it I don't think anyone told her it was in there.

© 2014 jonnicorn


Author's Note

jonnicorn
Please leave suggestions on how I can make it sound and flow better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on June 9, 2014
Last Updated on June 9, 2014
Tags: love, hate, enemy, story, short, unfinished

Author

jonnicorn
jonnicorn

Houston, TX



About
I am a fifteen year old who can't finish a story and needs help. I hope I will find someone to be my partner in crime for a while. more..