Given Traits to Write About

Given Traits to Write About

A Story by Jon Settle
"

One of my Creative Writing assignments from last year

"

Once upon a time there was a man I once knew, Jed. I’ll never forget the day we met, it was a day that changed my life forever.

He was the magical element I’d been searching for my entire life. He was a brilliant athlete, rich, handsome, and did I mention rich?

It was thanks to my freak of a daughter we met. Now, I know I shouldn’t say my daughter is a freak but it’s true. She takes after her cross dressing father; she likes to dress up like a witch and wear the most hideous black makeup. She calls herself Victoria even though I most definitely named the little witch Sheelenafay. But anyways, it was also my daughter’s birthday, which happens to be Valentine’s Day, and so it was her acapella groups’ Valentine concert where we first met.

I was just sitting there wondering, “Why do I even bother coming to these things? It’s not like I really care all that much.” And it was at that moment that he walked in. This wonderful British man sat beside me, and I flipped out of my chair. Literately; his ego was huge it just sent me flying away. He said was here for his stupid daughter as well and that was when I knew we were meant for each other.

Over the next 10 minutes we had grown so close I thought he’d propose right there. It was as if he had been a part of my life for years and I wasn’t willing to let him escape, so I had to come up with a plan to make him mine… forever.

As the concert began and moved along, I became inspired by my daughter and her Wiccan ways. I mean how hard could it be, all I had to do was make a hex circle thingy right? Ok, so I’ll ask him to come have dinner with us sometime and cast then… though I’d probly better not tell anyone.

The girls began to sing a song about meeting someone for the very first time and the two of us locked eyes. We sat in our chairs starring for the whole song and again his ego sent me flying out of my chair again. The crowd around us erupted into applause and cheers and began standing as the concert grew to a close. I went to stand �" just so I wouldn’t look bad �" and I felt a sharp pain shoot through me. I looked down and there sticking out of my chest was a blade… I began to crumple when he caught me and whispered in my ear.

“There’s no way I could ever live with you forever,” he said. “Oh your little hex circle idea wouldn’t have worked and don’t worry, the daughter you don’t care about, she’ll be safe.” He began to walk away but turned and came back. “I don’t exist by the way, so if you somehow magically survive this, have fun explaining that.”

 

 

Final Findings in police report: Jane Doe, woman 30 years of age, mother of one daughter, unmarried, committed suicide on February 14, 2010. 

© 2013 Jon Settle


Author's Note

Jon Settle
This was just a completion assignment so it's a little rough around the edges but as I always say, Any and all feedback is welcome. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't know if the title was given to your or it was intentional but I love it. It fit the piece well, which was also really well done. Great work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jon Settle

10 Years Ago

Thanks! The title was not given to me but rather something I made when I uploaded this writing to th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
1 Review
Added on September 4, 2013
Last Updated on September 4, 2013
Tags: Random, Mystery, Strange, Fiction

Author

Jon Settle
Jon Settle

Orrville, OH



About
My name is Jon. I absolutely LOVE writing and reading. They are my true loves of life. I hope to someday be a well know author and I wanna be an actor on tv too :) I have very high goals set for my.. more..

Writing
Why I Write Why I Write

A Story by Jon Settle