The Day (Chapter 1 sample)

The Day (Chapter 1 sample)

A Story by Joseph Aldridge
"

This is a story I have begin to write. This is a dream that I recently had dreamed and I wanted to make it into a story. Basically it is about a small town in which odd events begin to happen.

"
The Day
It all started when I was in the shower. I had just gotten in when all of a sudden, the lights went off and the water stopped. I didn't exactly know why so I got out and wrapped a towel around me. I look outside the bathroom window and everything seemed so dark. As I was looking out the window I could hear a loud cry as if it was an animal.  I opened up the door and all I could see was a man beating something. I yelled out "HEY!" And the man turned around and he said Daniel?  I recognized the voice and it was the  hotel manager Jim. I asked "What are you doing?" We're not safe here he said. "What do you mean?" I asked. He responded “Something bad is happening! We’re just not safe.” I just stare at him for a moment, and I take a glance at the thing lying on the floor. “What is that you are beating on? A dog?” He looked at me with a deep expression on his face, and said “No! I don’t know what this thing is but it attacked me and its not a dog.” “Well animals are known to attack people at any given time.” He then gave me a look that only people give you when they think you are dumb or trying to be a smart a*s. “Daniel, this isn’t any ordinary animal!” He yells. I then started to walk up more close to the thing so I could get a better look, when all out of no where the thing jumps up and starts to bite Jim. Shocked and scared for my life I ran back into the bathroom and slammed the door. It wasn’t like anything I have ever seen before. I immediately begin looking for something I could use in case I needed to defend myself. I looked around and I saw my cell phone lying on the bathroom counter. As I was picking it up I noticed that I have had twenty one missed calls and they all were from my mom. She had also left two voicemails, so I decided to listen to them. She sounded very scared and worried,and was telling me that some hidden government facility had exploded and had cause a nuclear blast and whatever was being keep inside had escaped. I couldn’t even imagine what I was hearing. What could she be saying. These weird creatures are from our own government, and had accidently escaped? I hit redial and tried to call her back but I couldn’t get an answer. I started crying and slid down the wall, my knees where still buckeled up. “What’s going on?!” I screamed. Boom! Bam! Something was hitting the bathroom door really hard. Sounded as if several things were hitting the door at the same time. What could possibly be hitting it like that? I knew it couldn’t be Jim, I saw him get attacked. I heard a woman scream and it sounded as if It came from outside. I ran to the window and looked around. I could see a woman being covered in those things. The same things that attacked Jim. Could what my mother said realy be true? I again looked around the room for anything I could use as a weapon and I followed some water pipe on the wall, and put my hands in the cracks and pulled as hard as I could. It took me a little bit, but I got a piece of it. My fingers were steady throbbing. Not really sure what I planned to do, I slung the bathroom door open but nothing was there except Jims body. I went over to him to see if he had a pulse but he didn't. I didn’t want to touch him, but I noticed he had some keys on him so I quickly grabbed them and motioned away from the body. I bet those are the hotel keys and I might would need them. I turned around and rushed down the steps into the hallway leading to the outside of the hotel. I opened the door and all I could see was darkness. No lights were on and appeared as if nobody was around. I stood there a minute thinking about what to do. I looked around again and I saw my car. I was so happy to see it, and I ran to the car, hoping none of them things would pop up. I almost slipped running to the car, and I quickly unlocked the door and jumped in. I turned the car on and buckled up and started to pull away when I heard a woman scream “Stop let me in!” I unlocked the doors and told her to get in. When she got in she put her head down and began taking deep breaths. “Are you okay?” I asked. She gave me a happy look, and said “I am now, Thank You!” “Do you know what’s going on?” “I was just starting my laundry in the basement when the power went out and I saw Jim running after something. I didn’t know what he was up to, just thought maybe he caught a thief or something. I then saw other people running after him and I was beginning to get scared. I thought there might have been a robbery or some kind of messed up crime going on, so I climbed into one of the dryers and didn’t come out for a while.” She paused and quickly began with her story. “When I thought it was safe I then climbed out and opened the laundry room door. I slowly peaked around the corner to the upstairs but couldn’t see anything. I walked up the stairs and down the short hallway when thats when I saw Jim lying face down. I then screamed about starting running, and thats when I heard something behind me. I turned around and some animal jumped on me. I threw it off and got back on my feet and continued to run. When I came outside I saw your car lights and so I quickly rushed over. I have no clue what those things are or what is really going on.” She had finished her story and it looked as if she was going to start crying. “It’s okay you are safe now.” I said, while giving her a happy look and a big hug.

© 2012 Joseph Aldridge


Author's Note

Joseph Aldridge
This is a chapter 1 and just a sample while I finish writing it. Hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

391 Views
Added on November 27, 2012
Last Updated on November 27, 2012
Tags: horror, suspense, drama

Author

Joseph Aldridge
Joseph Aldridge

Pageland, SC



About
I started this account when I was 17. Fast forward to 2023 and I'm back! I've always liked to read and write. I hope you like my poems and stories. Feel free to write reviews and send me messages. more..

Writing
Leaving Leaving

A Chapter by Joseph Aldridge