The Raisin Hater

The Raisin Hater

A Stage Play by Joseph D. Smith
"

A very, very short play about the thumb-sized little man named The Raisin Hater, who is delusional and paranoid that Raisins are after him!

"
He is the size of your thumb, with an attitude full of hate and delusion, all for one thing...Raisins! The Raisin Hater is always paranoid that the Raisins are going to get him, he thinks that they are alive, trying to conspire against him. This paranoia comes from an early trauma that is unknown, even till this very day. He was born to this world without documentation, as he is something extraordinarily un-human! This is his story.

(Darkened scene)

Voice: Oh the irony... The Raisins are growing in numbers, and I am only one man, so help me lord! I will set out to kill every single Raisin!

(Lights on, introduce The Raisin Hater)

The Raisin Hater: WHY-OH-WHY?! Why must I be tormented by those vile-little...OOOHHH!!!

.The Raisin Hater trips over a Raisin, and screams.

The Raisin Hater: You little son of a b***h!!!

The Raisin Hater kicks at the Raisin, but misses and trips again. He gets up.

The Raisin Hater: YOU!!! You. You...

The Raisin Hater collapses from exhaustion, and starts to ponder.

The Raisin Hater: Damn Raisins...

THE END!

© 2011 Joseph D. Smith


Author's Note

Joseph D. Smith
This is supposed to be a very short play, to show the very irony of it all!

This is a highly-experimental stage-play, which may be used with credit to Joseph D. Smith for any purpose, and derivative works may be made as long as it shares the same license as the original work.

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hello LLR! Thanks for the review! I have thought about adding on to this little piece, maybe making it into a series of little small plays.

Thanks again!

Posted 12 Years Ago


There they go again those little Raisin Haters ... Raising cane
where ever they go... This shorty is a fun little ditty that
demonstrates that mankind can never squash all of Raisinkind.
Fun stuff, JDS ... Are you planning to add on? Just curious..
LLR

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 10, 2011
Last Updated on November 10, 2011
Tags: Raisins, hater, thumb-sized, man, undocumented, paranoid, delusional

Author

Joseph D. Smith
Joseph D. Smith

Juleokin, KY



About
I am Joseph D. Smith, I am commonly known as Julius the Jules, which is my stage name as a professional, Experimental Pop musician. Fans of Julius the Jules are known as Juleokin. I earn my income fro.. more..

Writing