Nothing More

Nothing More

A Story by Josh

It wasn't that he had found what he was looking for. No, it was much simpler than that. It was the nights when silence was all that needed to be said. it was when a hug goodbye meant more than a passionate kiss. It was the smell  of coffee that awoke him that she gave up sleep to make just for him. It was the music that played while they drove under the skyscrapers of downtown. The glances gave while they fingered through old vinyl at the thrift store, and the sound the needle made across the scratches later that night. It was more than he was looking for. What he imagined as his soulmate could not compare to what she was to him.
In that moment when their eyes locked. Their hands in each others hair. Their pillows partially blocking their views, and the other eye making up what the other was missing. Time had stopped or sped up, neither could have known. It was remarkable. The sun light covered her body like a blanket. The dawn was delicate to her skin, carefully choosing where to lay, while the shadows chose their positions. 
He did not know the future of his love story. He didn't worry of what was to come. He didn't worry about next week or next month, or tomorrow. He was unable to foresee where or what they would be in an hour. The only thing concerning him was what was laying next to him and that she holds his happiness. Nothing else.

© 2012 Josh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is such a cute story! A lot of times, love is described as something passionate and erotic, but true love doesn't need to be that complicated. Love can be living and enjoying each passing moment with each other, and I think you described this very accurately.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This story is so much love! It really is all about the details to make a partnership. You capture what i think a soul mate should be.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is such a cute story! A lot of times, love is described as something passionate and erotic, but true love doesn't need to be that complicated. Love can be living and enjoying each passing moment with each other, and I think you described this very accurately.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ironically you were so close to perfect spelling until the second to last sentence, the word "thing" lol.

Other than that this was a nice read. Refreshing..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
3 Reviews
Added on March 31, 2012
Last Updated on March 31, 2012
Tags: Love, Found what he was looking for, nights, silence, hug, good-bye, passionate, kiss, coffee, sleep, music, skyscraper, glances, vinyl, thrift store, imagined, eyes, hands, hair, pillows, time stopped

Author

Josh
Josh

Coweta, OK



About
I am a senior in high school where graduation can not come soon enough. Attending OSU in the fall to major in Political Science. more..

Writing
No One Knows No One Knows

A Story by Josh